Doubt

Hermione backed away from Ron.

"Why are you here so early?" She asked.

"You're not the only one who can exceed classes." Ron smirked.

"Now tell me this Ronald, how did apparate from within Hogwarts?" Hermione asked amused.

"McGonagall does have a special spot for the Golden Trio, now doesn't she?"

Hermione inspected her surroundings again. They were still blocked from view, but floating orbs of light sat in each corner. A pile of books was laid carefully on the ground, along with a blanket and basket.

"What's this?" Hermione asked, pointing at the objects placed on the ground.

Ron scratched the back of his head.

"Well, um, you see I thought you would like a picnic. And the books, well what can I say? I know how much you love books and well-"

"It's wonderful Ronald," Hermione smiled.

Ron's ears turned bright red.

"Um OK then."

Hermione went and sat on the ground, where Ron joined her. He opened up the basket with food practically spilling out the top. Ron pulled out a package of tiny sandwiches. He also pulled out two white glass plates.

"I, um, figured we could start out with these?"

"Sure."

As Hermione nibbled on her sandwich, she couldn't stop thinking about how Ron had planned this for them. She knew Ron wasn't a very organized person. So this made her feel a tad smug of how he would take effort and time for her.

Ron, on the other hand, was nervous. He was worried Hermione wouldn't like the food. Or she wouldn't like the books he got for her. He could never tell her favorite genre since she would read anything and everything. Ron then had an awful thought.

What if she doesn't fancy me anymore?

Ron realized he had been gone for a while. What if when he was gone Hermione came to fancy another boy. Ron munched on his sandwhich trying to get the lump out of his throat.

"Ron?" Hermione looked over Ron's face.

"Hmm?' Ron replied with his mouth full.

"Are you alright? You seem to be somewhere else."

Ron swallowed.

"I'm fine."

"Um, okay then."

Hermione scrunched her nose in concentration. She knew he was upset. But, why?

Hermione finished her second tiny sandwhich. She then scooted closer to Ron, who was starting on his fourth.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" Hermione whispered in his ear.

Ron shivered at her voice so close to his ear.

"Why would I? Nothing is wrong." Ron said firmly.

"You can't lie to me, Ronald." Hermione was a bit closer.

"What makes you say I'm lying?"

"Your voice is a bit higher, your ears are pink, and your body is tense. And lastly, you are being quiet as a mouse. Not really a personality trait of yours."

Ron sighed. She probably read something like that in a book. He could see it now. How To Tell A Person Is Lying.

'While I was gone, have you or do you, maybe fancy someone else?" The words tumbled out his mouth faster than Harry on a Nimbus 2000.

Hermione gaped. Fancy someone else?

"Of course not. I've fancied you for years, why would I stop now?"

"I don't know, maybe better options turned up. Maybe you've realized what a bloody git I am for leaving you guys behind on the hunt."

Ron put his face in his hands. Why was he telling her this?

Hermione pulled his hands from his face and lifted his chin. She kissed his forehead, both his cheeks, and then his lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him closer and even bit his bottom lip for insurance. She pulled away, arms still around his neck. She pecked him on the lips once more.

"Would I kiss someone I don't fancy like that?" Hermione said looking him straight in the eyes.

Ron looked a bit shocked.

"No, I guess not."

Hello, my lovely readers. I would like to give a big thank you for all the positive feedback I've recieved lately. Wow, I never thought this story would be liked by so many people. It's almost at 4000 reads! Anyway, back to the story. I tried to make this chapter a bit longer than the previous ones. I am also hoping to update more on the account of I got my very own computer....YAY! Please comment and vote. I would love to see some more feedback. Bye!