t w e n t y - t w o

The broken angel dragged himself to the Winchester's front door.

He struggled to stand and eventually knocked lightly.

He heard a few muffled voices jnside the bunker and soon heavy footsteps approaching.

The door flung open and Dean was standing in the door way with a curious frown.

His expression quickly softened as he recognized the stranger as Castiel.

"Help me" Cas managed to say.

Dean wrapped an arm around his waist and supported his frail and weak body.

He helped the injured man inside and closed the front door with his foot.

He wasted no time in getting Castiel into the bathroom and sitting him gently on a low bench.

He grabbed a towel and wet it slightly.

"Cas, this might hurt" He said inna calm voice. "But I need to clean your cuts"

Dean carefully unbuttoned his blood-stained shirt and slowly pushed off his shoulders.

Cas winced as the material sticking to the giant gashes on his upper back moved.

"Sorry. Sorry. Sorry" Dean continually apologised.

He pressed the damp towel to the half-dried cuts on his chest.

He slowly and thoroughly cleaned Cas' chest, face and arms.

He looked into Cas' eyes. "Cas, I need to take off your shirt. Is that okay?"

Cas nodded weakly.

"I'll take it off slowly, okay? Just tell me if you want me to stop" Dean told him.

Dean gently lifted the collar of the shirt as too make it easier and less painful for Cas.

He then pulled it over his broad shoulders and slowly peeled it away from his bloodied skin.

As Dean neared the two large gashes on his shoulder blades Cas let out a whimper and Dean paused.

He kneeled in front of Cas and suddenly all formalities were set aside. Their passionate love came crashing down like 6 foot swells.

"Baby, are you okay?" Dean asked.

Cas limply shook his head and his bottom lip quivered.

Dean gently cupped the broken angel's face and stared longingly into his clear and innocent blue eyes.

"D-Dean" He began, his voice croaky. "My wings..."

The silence was chaotic and defening.

"It's okay, baby." Dean reassured him.

Dean remkved his warm hands from Cas' face and returned to peeling his shirt away from his back.

Dean slowly and carefully worked the shirt off his back and pulled it away. He put it beside him on the bench and grabbed the damp towel.

He lightly dabbed at Castiel's wounds and was soon done.

"Cas, can I take off your pants? I'll stop if you aren't comfortable but I need to clean you up, baby" Dean asked.

"Yeah" Cas replied hoarsely.

Dean unbuckled Cas' belt and slid it off, be put it with his shirt. Next to come undone was his button and then fly. Dean then slowly pulled his trousers down.

It didn't come off as a sexual act to the pair, it was more a loving action, a kindness. Dean asked if it was ok to take off his pants and shirt, it wasn't just barge in and do what you like. Dean cared deeply for the angel and it was crystal clear that the feelings were mutual.

Cas' trousers were now around his ankles and Dean unlaced his shoes and took them off, along with his socks.

Despite Castiel constantly wearing long pants and shirts he had a slight tan to his skin.

Dean suspected that his angelicness had something tk do with it.

He pulled Cas' trousers off his feet, be then stood up and wrapped an arm around Cas' waist and guided the man to the shower.

He sat Cas down on the tiled floor of the shower and quickly stripped off his own shirt and jeans, leaving him in boxer briefs, just like Cas.

Dean stepped back into the shower and turned on the warm water. He eventually got the temperature to about lukewarm so it wouldn't scald Cas' skin.

-

The pair later emerged from the shower and began the painful process of drying.

To cut a very, very, VERY long story, short;

Dean sat Cas down on the bench and thought for a moment.

"Uh..." He began. "I... um... Kinda..."

"I gotta dry you so...." The awkwardness grew like mould on that sandwich that's still in your school bag after about 7 months.

"So..." Dean sighed. "I might have to take off your boxers"

Cas just nodded.

Dean found the softest towel that they had and began drying Cas' raw and red skin.

He had soon dried everything except Cas' crotch area.....

-

Dean grabbed a handful of dressings and bandages and carried a bottle of Detol in the other hand.

He dressed Cas' gashes and pulled his softest sweatpants and biggest sweater from his drawers and slipped them onto Cas.

Castiel could now stand up on his own and he wrapped his arms around Dean's neck.

"Th-Thank you" He stuttered.

"It's okay, Cas"

"It's just m-my wings... they're gone" Cas quietly sobbed into Dean's exposed shoulder.

Dean lifted Cas' chin up with his index finger.

"I'll be your wings, baby"

The ominous space between their lips was eliminated.