BloodThirst Pack

"Who are you?" I ask. He just stared at me with a look of confusion, and then anger. "Don't do that!" He yelled. I stared at him blankly telling him I didn't know what he was talking about. "You scared the crap out of me!" I blinked at the sudden outburst.

   "Sorry, but what did I do?" I ask trying not to sound too harsh. He was kinda scaring me, but he also had a look of concern in his eyes. "You were screaming in your sleep, I guess you were having a nightmare. I was trying to wake you, but you were too into the dream and you wouldn't open your eyes. Sorry I had to wake you up, but I was scared for you and I was getting worried." He looked down as if he was ashamed.

   "It's fine. I'm actually glad you woke me up, that dream was awful." I gave him a slight smile. He looked back up at me with his eyes lit up. We just looked at each other for a minute until I spoke up again. "So, I think it's safe to say you can get off now." His eyes went wide and he jumped off me while repeatedly saying "sorry".

   He stretched out his arm to help me up and I gladly took it. I got to my feet and wiped off the dirt on my cloths. I look at him and see him looking out the window. I follow his gaze and notice people walking towards our building. I hear the boy curse under his breath before running his fingers through his blonde/brown hair. "I should have known they would follow me. I should have masked my scent." He started pacing. "Who are they?" I touch his arm. He looks at me with eyes that read "I'm sorry."

"They were the people I was with when I heard you scream. We were all discussing something and when I heard you, I ran towards the sound of your screams. I guess they followed." I wasn't really worried, so what they followed him? They were probably just looking for their friend. Then I smelled the air. Werewolf. Something inside of me said, probably my inner-wolf.

   I felt fear inside of me. They were all werewolves, even the boy next to me. The door opened to reveal six people; three girls, and three guys. I took a step back, even though they weren't paying attention to me. "Ryder! What are you doing? We have been looking everywhere for you." A girl, about 15 yelled with more anger than concern.

   She had dark brown hair with a blonde streak. It went down to about mid-back and had a slight curl at the end. Her eyes were caramel colored and filled with rage. She wore a white shirt with a leather jacket and jeans. She had a gold chain around her neck and a gold necklace with an "A" as a charm.

   "Answer me before I punish you!" She snapped at Ryder. Apparently her punishments were not very nice because the mention of that made him jump. "I'm sorry, I heard a scream of in the distance and I wanted to see if anyone was hurt." Ryder started fiddling with his hands and his eyes fell to the ground.

   "And was there?" Her voice got a bit softer after seeing him look down. He glanced over at me and I gave a worried smile towards her. Her eyes widened just for a second before giving a look of regret. "Oh. Well, who are you?" She asks. "My name is Nalana, or Nala for short."

   She looked up and smelled the air, before looking back to me. "You're not human, but not werewolf. What are you?" She squinted her eyes. I don't like her. Shut up. I felt my inner-wolf growl at me, but not out loud. "Tell me who you are first, then we can discuss what I am." I have no idea where the sudden burst of courage came from, but I hope it doesn't lead to me getting killed.

   The girl smirked. "I like you. I can tell you know what you are, but you don't know much about it, do you? And you still have courage like that, hm. Alright, well I'm Amaya, and they," she pointed to twin brothers, who looked around 18, behind her. "Are Milo, and Colton. The blonde," she pointed to a blonde girl, maybe 16, standing next to a brunette, maybe 14. "Is Sophie and the other one is Emma. Then this little idiot," she points down to maybe a 5, yes 5, year old. "Is Ty, my younger brother." The little boy gave me a big smile and waved. "And we are the Bloodthirst pack."

   Packs have names? Seriously? Well I guess that does make sense, gotta keep track of your packs right? You're an idiot. I know. "Now that I filled my end of the deal, what are you?" She growled. "Well based on how other people have reacted and said, I don't think you would believe me." I say while running my fingers through my hair.

   "Honey, try me." Amaya said while placing her hand in her hip. I sighed. Can we just kill her? No. Please? No. "Fine, I'm a...well, I'm...a.." I stutter out. "Spit it out!" She yelled. I growled. "IM A DIRE WOLF." I shout. I could feel fangs and claws coming out. I don't know if my eyes changed color, though. The whole pack looked at me with fear, even Ryder stepped away.

   I took a deep breath and my body went back to normal. "Sorry, I don't know how to control it yet." I looked down, ashamed of the monster I became two weeks ago. "Prove it." I look up to see Amaya still frightened, but she had bravery, or at least more than her pack. "What?" I give her a confused look.

   "For all we know, Dire Wolves don't exist, so prove to use you are one. Legend says they can turn into full wolf, and change their eye color, show me." I nod and tried to think of something that would make me mad enough to change. I though of the night I turned. Rage filled me and I felt my eyes change.

   I looked into the reflection of the window and saw they were blue. I blinked and they were red. I got down to all fours and changed into the black-haired beast I was. I heard everyone gasp and I instantly felt bad. But the thing that shocked me was, when I looked back to the pack, no one had a look of fear on their face. It was either amazement, shock, or determination. The determined face came from Amaya. Even Ty came running over to me and hugging me. "Wolfie!" He shouted. This kid is adorable.

   "My pack will help you. We could use  a Dire Wolf on our side." I heard Amaya say, but her mouth didn't move. "How did you do that?" I ask trying to mimic what she did. "Alphas can communicate with each other through their minds. Cool, right?"

   "Yea, and you'll really help me?" She smiled at me and nodded. Then she turned around to face the rest of the pack. "Well guys, say hello to our new pack member."