Beacon Hills

Something was shaking me, not violently, but enough to make me wake up. "Nala, come on, we're here." Said a familiar voice as they continued to shake me. I fluttered my eyes open and saw Cody shaking my arm from his seat. Great, that wasn't a dream. Cody saw me open my eyes and smiled. "Hey, come on and get up. We just arrived at your aunts house." He said while getting out of the car. I whined before also stepping out. It was pretty late, maybe around 6pm.

   As a got out, I noticed I was standing in front of a light grey, two story house. I didn't look perfect, but it looked pretty decent. Way better than the run down house the pack had. Shut up, that was out home, and when we leave, it will be again. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Cody knock on the front door. While I was walking up the three steps that led to the porch, a woman opened the door. She had long light brown hair, brown eyes, and she was wearing a a light pink dress that went a little below her knees. She seemed to be around late-twenties. She looked a lot like my father, well with the hair, eyes, and facial features. Kinda like a gender bent version.

"Oh! Nalana! Look at you, how you have grown!" She squealed before pulling me into a tight hug. "Um, hi...Aunt Piper." I say as she pulls away. "You make me sound so old! How dare you!" She's says in a playful tone while placing her hand on her chest, pretending to be offended. I giggled. "Please, call me Katherine, or Kat." I nod my head. I kinda like her, she's like the wild older sister I never had. "Oh you must be cold, come in, come in! Would you like to come in, too?" She asks Cody. "Oh, no, I have to get back to the station, but thanks anyway." He says while turning away and heading for his car.

"Alright bye!" Kat and I wave goodbye before she closes the door. "Nice house." I complement as I look around. "Glad you like it. And I'm sorry to say this, I thought you'd be here earlier..." I give her a look of confusion. "I already signed you up for school and I even asked if you could start next week, but they wanted you to start tomorrow." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Are you ok?" Kat asks noticing my breath. "Hm? Oh, yea, I was just expecting you to say something much worse than school."

She smiled when she saw I wasn't upset. "Well than, I won't keep you any longer, you should go get ready for the night. It's almost seven and I want to make sure you get to school on time." I nod and turn to go upstairs. "And one more thing, I most likely won't be here when you get up, sorry, but I have to work, so you can either ride the bus or walk if you'd like. If that's not ok, then I can try to take you and just tell my boss I slept in too late."

For some reason that made me feel great. She cared about me even though she just met me. God, listen to me, I'm turning soft. "No, no, it's fine, I can walk. No need for you to get in trouble with your boss." She smiled and I made my way upstairs. I opened the door to my room and saw the light blue walls. There was already a bed, a dresser, carpets, curtains, and a closet full of clothes. The closet was a huge walk in, and basically my favorite thing in the room so far. There was a note attached to the closet door.

Nala,
I figured out the kind of cloths you like based on what your old cloths from before the attack looked like. I hope I did a good job and if not we can always go shopping!
-Kat

I smiled at the note and looked at the cloths. She did an awesome job at choosing the cloths. All of them were my kind of style. I looked around until I saw another note tapped to a drawer.

Nala,
Here's a surprise!
-Kat

I raise an eyebrow before setting the note down and opening the drawer. I gasped at what I saw. Inside was about 10 different colored beanies. Don't you dare scream. I screamed, but not load enough for Kat to hear. You're pathetic. Thanks. I close the drawer, still smiling, and grab some cloths to change into before hopping in the shower. I got out soon afterwards and walked back into my room. I sit down on the edge of my bed while I set an alarm for tomorrow. I lay down and pull the blankets over my body. Tomorrow is going to be very interesting. I think while I doze off into a dreamless sleep.

Beep. Beep. Beep. I groan and smack the alarm before laying back down on the cozy bed. My eyes widened when realization hit me. I had school. I had to get up. I whine at the thought, then get out of bed. I step into my closet and picked out a red,white, and black plaid shirt, jeans, and a white beanie.

   I walk into the bathroom and brush my black hair and brush my teeth after I get dressed

I walk into the bathroom and brush my black hair and brush my teeth after I get dressed. I look in the mirror at my creation and smile. Cute, but not too cute. Great, we're all pretty and fabulous, can we go now? Yea, yea, I'm going. I run down the stairs, exited like a five year old. There's a note and a backpack full of stuff on the kitchen counter.

Nala,
I got you your backpack and books for your first day. Hope you enjoy, have an awesome first day! Make some friends and let me know if there are any cute guys we can talk about! Hey, I'm old, but I'm not dead! Xoxo
P.s. The school is just down the street from here in case you get lost. :)
-Kat

I almost bust out laughing at the note. I guess she really is like my wild older sister. I set the note down and grab the backpack before walking over to the door, slipping on my brown boots, and leaving the house. I make my way down the street and I soon see the school come into view. Students were already making their way inside. I was walking down the sidewalk, staring at the school in awe. It was much larger than the last school I went to. I was still staring when I bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention and..." I look at the boy who I just ran into and my eyes almost popped out of my head.

Standing right in front of me was a guy I had drawn. Scott McCall I believe his name was, and he was standing right in front of me. He had shorter hair, but it was still him. "Um...hi." I finally get words out. He flashed me a smile. "Hey, I don't think I've seen you around here before, are you new?" He asked me. "Uh, yea, I just moved here yesterday." He was about to speak again but another boy approached us. "Hey, Scott, what are you doi..." He stopped when he saw me and I widened my eyes again. It was Stiles.

He looked exactly the same as the picture, but so much more attractive in person. Wait, did I just say that? Gosh, what is happening to me? "H...hi." He breathed out with a huge smile across his face. I, too, give a big smile back. "Hey." His face seemed to light up when I spoke. Aww, he's adorable. No, stop it, bad. "I'm Stiles, by the way." He extended his hand for me to shake. I gladly took it, my smile not going away. He lets go and looks over to Scott. "And this is my best friend, Scott." I smile and him and extend my hand.

He shakes it firmly. "And who might you be?" He asks. "Oh, right! I'm Nalana. But you can just call me Nala." He nods. "Nala. I like it." He gives me another smile and I feel my cheeks heat up. "Should we be going?" Stiles asks Scott. "Yea, let's go. Do you need help finding your classes?" He says back to me as he starts to walk off. I follow behind and nod my head. "Yea, I don't even know what my classes are."

"No problem, we can help you out." Stiles says while wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I giggle as he does. We make our way inside and to the front office. I easily get my schedule and we walk to my locker, which isn't that far from Scott's. "Hey we have most of the same classes." Scott says as he looks over my schedule. "Cool, then it won't be a trouble for me to find my classes." They both smile and nod their heads. The bell rings, signaling for us to make our way to our first class. "Come on, let's go," Stiles says and we start walking to class. This is going to be fun. Yea, it is. I think sarcastically.