Beer and Boys

I think it's safe to say that this is scarier than trying to stay alive in the crowded hallways at school. Agreed. I say we should try to find a place away from all the drunk people. Also agreed. I make my way to the back of the party, away from most people. Everything is still loud but not as bad. I spot a door that leads to the backyard and head in it's direction. But before I can get there, there's a tugging at my arm.

I turn to see an obviously wasted guy checking me out. "Hey there. Say, what's a girl like you doing all alone? How about I join you..." He leans into my ear. "For a little fun alone time." I push him back and give him a disgusted look. "I don't associate with boys who can't hold their liquor for less than two drinks." I smirk and turn to walk away. As I do I can hear him say. "This isn't over baby."

The thought of such a guy calling me baby makes me want to throw up. Please don't. I believe in this place, throwing up before having a drink is frowned upon. Yea, you're probably right. I walk over to the kitchen a grab a cup and fill it with beer. Also don't get too drunk. I'd prefer if we didn't wake up in some strange guys house. I know, I know.

Looking around, I spot Scott dancing with Allison. I think it's cute of how they seem so into each other. Maybe one day they will be a couple. Don't be thinking about couples now. You and me both know that we won't ever be apart of one. I know...I take a deep breath and sigh. I notice Stiles standing awkwardly against a wall and begin to approach him. As he is looking around, he spots me approaching and smiles. I wave as I near and he does the same.

"So how are you doing with everything going on?" Stiles scratches the back of his neck. "Um...I'm doing great. The party is great. Having a fun time." He gives a nervous laugh which makes me giggle. "Yea. I can tell you're having the time of your life. " He laughs and drops his head. "Is it that obvious I'm not having the best time?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Yep. I could tell when I was standing over there." I point to where I had come from before I noticed Stiles. He face palmed. "Great. What if Lydia sees and thinks I don't think her party is good enough?" The worry in his voice made it so I could tell that he really cared what Lydia thought of him. "Listen Stiles. You'll be fine. Just, have a couple beers and loosen up some." I handed him my drink and patted him back.

"Alright...if you say so." He said and took the drink before taking a sip and walking off to, I would guess, to find Lydia. Shaking my head, I let my gaze fall back to the crowds. I didn't know so many people could be in such a small place. Not to mention how they are perfectly fine with being compacted. I couldn't agree more. I chuckle to myself, which to anyone else would probably look like I'm a mental person laughing at nothing. Since when did you care what these people think of you? I don't. But I still know that's what some of them would think.

My eyes land back on the door that leads to the backyard. I swiftly make my way to it. Peace at last. I step outside and close the door behind me before taking a deep breath of fresh air. In surprised no one has made themselves comfortable out here. But I am also glad they hadn't. As I walk more away from the house, the sound of music slowly dims. Nice to be alone for once. I smile. "I used to hate being alone. I used to always have to be near at least one of the others. Most likely either Amaya or Ryder. I bonded most with the two of them ever though Amaya could be hard sometimes."

I say aloud and look down as I play with my fingers. "If only I could see them again." When I look back up I can just barely make out the figure of a man in the distance. "What the...?" But before I could finish, there is a voice behind me. "I told you this wasn't over!" Turning around, I see the guy who had tried to flirt with me earlier standing there with a glass beer bottle in his hand. "Oh god. What do you want?" I growl as I put my hands on my hips. "I came to finish what I started baby." His drunken self neared me and I was getting ready to push him back. "Stay away from me."

He smirked which only pissed me off. "You don't tell me what to do. I command you baby." And just as I was about to hit him, I head another voice from the opposite direction. "Hey! Get out of here!" I almost recognized the voice and as I thought of where I could have heard it before, I felt a sharp pain in my head and the sound of glass breaking filled my ears. I had just enough time to see the figure of the man running my way when everything went black.

My eyes fluttered open and I slowly looked to the wall I was staring at. No. Not a wall. A ceiling. It took me only a second to know that I was not familiar with where I was and tried to quickly sit up. Emphasize on tried. I almost immediately fell back down as my head had an awful beating in it. It hurt. Not the worst thing I've ever felt. But it hurt. I tried getting up again but more slowly and it worked better.

It took me a little bit longer but I was on my feet. At first I wonder what was going on but then memories of the party came to mind. The drink. The boy. The talk with Stiles. The strange man. The boy attacking me. I felt my head and noticed there was bandaging on it. "My head must have bleed when I was hit. But who wrapped it up?" My question is answered in a matter of seconds. "Don't try to mess with the bandage. You need to let your wound heal."

My head darts to the direction of the voice and I see an oddly handsome man who looks so familiar. Then my mind clicks. My eyes go wide and my mouth opens slightly as I stare at the man. "Derek?" I say out loud and watch a confused look spread to his face. "What did you say?" By the sound of his voice I could tell that I had just given away that I know him in a way. Great. How are you going to explain that?