Aunt Who?

The cops brought me to their car and took me to the police station. When we pulled up, more cars appeared holding the rest of the pack, except for Ty and Sophie. Oh where did the clever ones go? Knowing them two, they probably hid somewhere instead of running, which now that I think about it, would have been a better idea. While the cops gently pulled me out of the car, I noticed they yanked the pack from their seats.

"Watch it, buddy, or you won't make it through the night." Colton growled. "Shut up before we get in more trouble." I could tell Amaya wanted to smack him, but her hands were cuffed. A cop, who I found out went by the name of Cody, brought me inside and to his office. I sat down in one of his chairs in front of his desk as he shut the door. On the other side I could hear an officer telling some others to bring the pack to their cells.

   Yes, let's put the blood thirsty animals in cages! What a great idea! This is not the time for sarcasm. Have you met me? True, very true. I look back to Cody as he sat down in his chair. "Is it true?" He asked. I really wanted to say something like, "What? Me being a supernatural creature that could totally kick your butt right now? Then, yea, it is." But sadly I just stuck with the usual confusion.

   "Is what true?" I ask. "Your family was attacked and you escaped." I gave him a sad look and was on the edge of fake crying. "Yea, it's true." I look down not meeting his eyes. Thank you Milo for teaching the amazing art of acting. "Hey, hey it's ok. Do you think you would be up for answering a few questions?" I nod my head. "Ok what happened?"Amaya spoke to me using our weird telepathy thing. Say it was a wolf. "A wolf attacked us. Actually, it was three wolves."

   "Oh, well next question. Where have you been the past year and a half?" Just say you were with us, ok? "I was with the people your cops captured." I kept my head facing him and pointed behind me. "And who are they?" Say we kidnapped you. But won't that get you punished? Most likely, yes, but right now we need to get you out of here. Fine. "They kidnapped me after I escaped the wolf attack." Cody nodded his head. "Thought so. That's all of the questions I need to ask you. And I already checked, you have no other family in the area." He seemed to say that more of just a statement than a question.

   "Yes sir, most of them moved away." I looked at him with eyes that just begged for this conversation to be over. "Well, good news is, we contacted your Aunt Piper and she said she would take you in from now on." My eyes widened. Aunt who? I didn't know I had an aunt on my fathers side. He said his mother only had three boys. "Sorry sir, but I don't have an Aunt Piper. My father only had two brothers and no sisters."

   "He did have a sister, we even did a DNA test to be sure. So she will be the one to take care of you." He got up from his seat and walked to the door, signaling me to follow. "Why do I have to go to her? I have never met her, so why can't I go to my uncles?" I ask while getting from my seat. "Because they refused to take you, both saying they couldn't afford another child in the house." Only one of my uncles have a child. And he's 21! Jerks, they just don't want to relive having kids. "I noticed you didn't have any cloths or anything so we can go ahead and leave. Be prepared, this is going to be a long trip." Cody says as he walks outside.

   "Wait! Where does my aunt live?" I ask as upped the door to his car. "In California." California?!?! We're in Minnesota right now! That's like 30 hours! I managed to calm down before I ask my next question. "Where in California?" We both get in the car and he starts it as I put on my seatbelt. "In a town called, oh crap, hold on I forgot the name..." He places his head on the steering wheel. I motion my hands in a circular motion. "Come on..." I say. "Oh! It's called Beacon Hills." Beacon Hills. I have heard that name before. But where?

   Cody starts driving down the road and I can't get that name out of my head. I know I have heard it before. Hey, you still there? Yea, help me, this guy is bringing me to my aunt. Where does she live? Don't worry, when I escape out of this dump, I'll save you. I seriously doubt that. You lack hope in me, what has gotten into my Beanie? I don't think you'll be able to save me, I'll be too far away from you. Aw, it can't be that bad, come on where is this awful aunt of yours live? California. Holy crap! That's like a 100 hour run from here! Told you it was far. It's alright though, when I get the chance to leave her house I'll run away and try to find you guys.

   No, no need, we'll find you. We don't need you accidentally wolfing out on someone during the full moon when you're only half way back. I can leave right after a full moon which would give me more time. I said no, therefore you stay there until one of the pack members finds you, then you can come back home to us. Fine, but wait, what if their are wolf packs in Beacon Hills? Beacon Hills? That's the place in California in going to live in.

   Oh, well there are two things wrong with that sentence. One- there are no wolves, much less werewolves,in California, haven't been for like 60 years. And two- if there just so happen to be werewolves in California, than you can always mask your scent like I taught you to. Oh, and remember to steady your heartbeat so no one knows when you're lying.

   Ok, I guess that solves my problems. I'll talk to you when I get there ok? K, bye Beanie. Bye, Amaya. Tell the pack I said hi and I love them! Will do, now get some rest, you're gonna need it. And with that she was gone and I laid back in my seat. I seriously hope Cody hasn't been trying to talk to me while I was talking with Amaya. I glanced over at him and noticed he was just facing the road and humming along to Fight Song by Rachel Platten. I smiled before laying back in my seat and letting sleep consume me as I rode to my new home.