To the Edge and Back

Chapter 1

I wake up to my alarm blaring at 6 A.M. on a dreary Tuesday morning. I groggily crawl out of my bed. I then proceed to ready myself for school.

An hour later I walk out of my country home with my Adidas backpack with me to the end of my driveway where I wait for the bus. It never came. I realized after thirty minutes that I was standing out here for no reason. I turn around to go back inside to wake my mother.

As I walk back down my driveway I hear a low moaning sound coming from across the road. I turn to face my neighbors house, which happened to belong to my uncle. I see my Uncle Mark standing in his yard. I notice that he is missing an ear and a chunk of his neck.

I don't usually say much to him so I just keep staring at him, wondering what he's doing. He looks up at me with dark, lifeless eyes. He begins to shamble toward me. I begin to back away from him. As Mark gets closer I trip over a rock in my driveway. He takes this opportunity to try and bite me. He climbs on top of me and I am practically helpless against him.

"Get off me you crazy old man!" I shout. He keeps coming at me though. I reach for anything that I can use as a weapon but all I find is a rock. I bash the maniac in the head as hard as I can. He falls over backwards and I get on top of him and repeatedly beat him in the head with the rock. I kill my uncle.