Chapter Five: The Joys of Watching a Nicholas Sparks Movie

Chapter Five:

“So how was service?” Sam smirked.

No amount of words would express my relief when today’s hippy get-together ended. Five hours under the hot sun planting trees was not ‘fun’ at all (even though most of the hippies were ‘bubbling with excitement.’ Such losers…)

I glared, “How was seeing your old friend Carter again?”

Sam nodded, “Quite enjoyable, I must say. I forgot how fun it was to piss the hell out of him.” I snorted. “That dude’s such a tool. How the f*ck did he even become a police officer?”

“I believe the only arrest he’s gotten is a cardiac arrest,” I commented.

Sam laughed, “I wouldn’t be that surprised. Anyways, dude, I have to run. Amuse yourself while I’m gone, okay?”

I nodded, and just like that, Sam was out of here, giving no clue or idea where he was actually going. D*mn.

What could I even do? No car meant no transportation, which meant no parties or any form of amusement.

Jeez. This was going to be a long evening.

***

Boredom can make a man do questionable things; and it was my reason for watching a stupid chick flick. Yes. It was pretty pathetic.

However, for some odd reason, Sam’s movie collection was locked in some fancy shelf (with the key nowhere in sight), meaning, I was suck with the DVD already playing in the DVR, which just so happened to be a damn Nicholas Sparks movie.

I have no clue why it was in there to begin with. Sam was going to have a lot of explaining to do when he came home.

 You know, I never saw him as the romance, chick-flick type of dude.

Sam was never going to live this one down.

When I’d pressed play, I started doubting my masculinity for watching a stupid romance film.

I was a guy. Not a fucking hormonal, delusional woman.

But once the film actually started, I actually found it to be quite… entertaining, not that I would actually admit it.

God, if anyone ever found out this was how I spent my evening—curled up in a ball with a blanket tightly wrapped watching some Nicholas Sparks’ movie—I would deny, deny, deny.

And if anyone knew I’d even shed a few tears when the dude died, I would literally kill myself.

When the credits were rolling, I was a crying, sobbing mess.

I am so pathetic.

Imagine my surprise when the lights suddenly came on, with Sam declaring loudly that he was home. Then imagine how fast my reflexes were to turn the television off and hastily wipe my tears.

When Sam finally found me in the movie room, he gave me a skeptical glare, “Dude, were you crying? Your eyes are all red and puffy.”

Oh crap.

“Uh, no. What are you talking about? You must be imagining!” I defensively responded, my arms quickly throwing the blanket away.

Sam rolled his eyes in disbelief, “Whatever. Anyways, what were you watching?”

I froze and avoided Sam’s curious eyes, “Uh, just some… sports game.”

“Oh cool. I’ll watch with you. Turn the TV back on, dude,” Sam carelessly responded, a smirk on his face—almost like he knew I was hiding something.

“It, uh, just ended!”

He rolled his eyes, “Just give me the remote.”

With a defeated sigh, I handed the remote to him, and watched in horror as he turned the television on, with the credits still rolling.

“Dude… you were watching Safe Haven? What the hell is wrong with you?” Sam laughed, “Were you seriously crying over this dumb movie?”

Kill me now.

With my cheeks red, I mumbled out quickly, “Alltheothermovieswerelockedandiwasbored, okay?”

“Chase, you’re going to have to slow down. I didn’t understand a single word that came out of your mouth.”

I sighed and avoided Sam’s victorious gaze. “Fine. All the other movies were locked up in your collection and I was overly bored. And this was the film in the DVR, okay?”

“That still doesn’t explain why you were crying.”

I glared, “I wasn’t crying, okay? My eyes were just red, cuz I had something in my eye.” Sam rolled his eyes, “Talk about bullsh*t. Little Chasey, it’s okay to enjoy chick flicks. It’s okay. You know, I found you rather femin—”

“Shut up, Sam.”

“No, no, no. Chase, I just want to tell you that I will support you entirely if you’re gay. I always thought you were actually---”

“Sammy, if you don’t shut up, I swear I will murder you.”

I was not gay. I was just… enjoying a movie mainly targeted towards women. That didn’t mean I was gay. Or feminine.

Sam was cracking up; he just found this the funniest sh*t ever.

But then I remembered that the DVD was already in the DVR, and presumably, watched by Sam too. “So, Sammy, do you mind telling me why the movie was in there in the first place?”

He froze, much to my delight and I grinned and continued on, “Cuz, you know, after all, someone must have put the movie in and watched it in the first place.”

With a glare, Sam mumbled, “Iwasbored. andIhavewatchedalltheothermoviesamilliontimessoIwatchedit, okay?”

Oh my. Priceless.

Mockingly, I responded with the same answer he had said to me, “Would you mind saying that a little slower? I can’t understand a word you’re trying to say, dear Sammy.”

“Fine. I was bored and I’ve watched all the other movies a million times. And I’ll say it again, I was terribly bored, okay?”

I smiled triumphantly. Sam and I really were alike.

“I suppose you also shed a few tears too, huh, Sammy?” I questioned, my eyes lit with delight. Sam stiffened, “No. Not at all. Unlike you, Chasey, I’m a real man,” while puffing up his chest.

I gasped in mock surprise, “You know, I don’t quite believe that, dear Sam.”

He squirmed under my gaze, before he sighed, defeated, “Okay, maybe a little. But if you tell anyone, I will-”

I fist pumped triumphantly, “It’s okay, Sammy. In fact, I always knew you were a little feminine..." mimicking the words that left Sam’s mouth just a few minutes ago.

Sam rolled his eyes, but nonetheless smiled playfully, “Whatever. At least girls dig emotional dudes.”

“So you, uh, want to watch it again?”

                ***

A/N. Pretty short, I know. I'll make the next chapter longer :D

Aren't Sam and Chase just the cutest? lol.

Anyways, comment, vote, and fan if you liked it (: