Chapter Nineteen: The Stoners amd Drugs Club

After the failure of the activity, Stevens had given up, declared that we would make awful officers, and called out a ten minute restroom break.

Currently, he was talking to Carter on the opposite side of the park, pointing towards me every once in a while. The conversation was getting quite heated, and I could hear a word or two every once in a while. Let's just say that their mothers needed to wash their mouths out with soap.

While, really, I was flattered by their obvious love for me, but come on, fighting over who got a piece of me, was ridiculous. Hell, there was enough of me to go around!

I sniggered, and I was a little caught off guard when I heard a voice behind me. "You do realize that the Stoner and Drugs Club isn't at the public park, right?" Alaska came up behind me, her lips pursed.

Sorry, hun, but I'm way too attractive to do drugs. I'd rather not look like some wild diseased boar. Thanks, but I'll stick to my cigarettes. Sure, there might be some 'long-term' effects, but hopefully before that point I would have quit or at least slowed the whole consumption down.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I answered back accusingly, "Don't tell me that you're obsessed with Carter enough to join his dumbass program."

Alaska rolled her eyes, "Well, in that case, that says a lot about yourself."

Is she really implying that I'm obsessed with Carter?

She's stupider than I thought.

I scoffed, crossing my arms. "Lucky for you, sweetheart, I don't find overgrown, donut-loving men as attractive."

Alaska rolled her eyes. "So, so lucky," she said sarcastically, "And to answer your question, I volunteer around town to help clean up."

Was her life revolved around the environment? Who the hell cares if a few polar bears drop dead? Or if it's a couple degrees warmer? Hell, I wouldn't mind that at all.

"Oh, wow! Aren't you just so righteous?" I exclaimed, slurring my words.

Alaska shrugged, "Whatever. Obviously someone like you wouldn't understand."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I crossed my arms defensively. Frankly, I didn't know why I was offended. I guess I was just tired of everyone just thinking that I was just some pretty, spoiled white boy (which admittingedly I was, but come on-- I was like that Shrek guy: I had layers).

Alaska shrugged, her cheeks a faint pink. "I didn't mean it that way."

I nodded, not meeting eye contact. It was probably the closest to an apology that I would get, and still, I had no clue why I even cared. "It's fine," I responded, my voice flat.

She stayed silent, the awkwardness growing between us.

Nearby, I could hear Stevens yelling, "Break's over!"

"Well, I better be getting back. I guess I'll see you at play practice tonight." With an awkward wave, I turned around towards Steven's figure.

"Yeah, see you," Alaska called out, with a small smile.

***

"Forrest! Nice of you to join us," Stevens barked out, angrily.

Nice to see you too.

"Anyways, considering our poor performance on the roleplay, we now are going to do another." Stevens was livid, and I could literally see every vein on his face. Let me tell you-- that was not a. attractive look.

"No need to get you're panties in a twist," I muttered underneath my breath.

Apprently, Stevens had subhuman hearing. "What did just you say?" He was up in my face, almost as if daring me to speak. And, if possible, his face was even redder than it had been before. It was almost a bit scary, and really, I was expecting him to fall over from a heart attack any minute now.

"Oh, nothing!" I responded innocently, batting my eyelashes once or twice for effect.

Narrowing his eyes, Stevens took a nice long deep breath. "Yesterday, Shelly Peters reported a break-in at her home. She wasn't sure what the intruder looked like, as his face was covered. Among the things taken were a priceless bracelet given to her by her grandmother. What would you do?"

Stevens scanned across the four of us, almost as if deciding which to pick on first. Finally, he called out, rather predictably, "Ah, Forrest! Your solution?"

I shrugged carelessly. "I'd tell her to suck it up, and complain to her insurance company."

Which I mean, really was some solid advice. It's pretty clear she wasn't going to get her jewellery back unless the robber suddenly felt a strong compelling of chivalry, so the lady might as well get a few bucks from insurance instead of moping about.

Yet, apparently, this wasn't the answer Stevens had in mind. "Are you serious, Forrest?" he asked, rhetorically.

I shrugged, and Stevens sighed loudly, as if he'd just given up. "Alright, Franklin, what do you think?"

The chubby boy fidgeted with his fingers nervously. "I would uh, call the police?"

Well, jesus, alert the police, this kid's a freaking genius!

I think Stevens nearly blew his top. "YOU ARE THE POLICE!" he screamed, flailing his arms in anger.

I almost felt a little bad for this Franklin kid.

"Oh." The boy stared down at his lap, his cheeks red.

Stevens looked resigned, as if he just wanted to give up now and quit his job. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "Alright we'll try this one more time," he spoke, calmly and slowly, "Perkins, what do you think?"

The blonde flared his nostrils in distaste. "How about you tell us what you would do?" he shot back, in a condescending tone.

It seemed that Stevens was even too shocked to respond. Finally, in a spluttering mess, he managed to choke out a few words, wavering his index finger right towards Perkins. "Y-You! You-- you selfish, self-centered bastard! Show your superiors some respect or I'll see you behind bars!"

Wow, for the first time ever, I wasn't the one the officer threatened! I wasn't sure to either feel celebratory or if I should feel disappointed. Really, there was a certain form of amusement that came along with abusing police officers.

However, the Malfoy kid simply sniggered, a wave of arrogance radiating off of him. He looked so certain, as if he was so very important that no one could knock him off of his golden pedestal. "Oh, sure you will," he mocked, "You are trash, the lowest of the low. Wait till I tell my father."

Ah, a daddy's boy. How cute.

Stevens took a deep breath, yet it seemed like he was quite a bit intimidated by the blonde teen. Huh, maybe his father was pretty important.

"Alright, I'll tell you what I would do," Stevens relented, with a resigned expression, "I would ask the lady as many questions about the burgular and see if by that, we can get an idea of what he looks like."

Perkins sniffed, an expression of disdain clearly on his face. "Didn't you say that the woman couldn't tell what the man looked like?"

It seemed like Stevens had finally given up, as he flailed his arms pathetically and sighed loudly. Ah, apparently this was the final straw. "You know what-- class dismissed. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

With a content smile on my face, I gave Perkins a commending pat on the back mentally, before happily strolling out of the park, and into Sam's car.

***
a/n. ah, I'm really enjoying Perkins character. i really miss the harry potter series D:

anyways I hoped you enjoyed the chapter, and make sure to vote and comment if you liked it!

thanks for reading!

until next time,
meyer w.