Chapter Eight: Treesome Interjections

"You know, Chase, I'm rather curious how you somehow managed to singlehandedly burn down part of a nature park," Sam commented, a small smile on his face, with one arm on the wheel.

I grimaced. Sam had been shocked, to say at the least, when Carter had called Sam about the whole fiasco. And, of course, my inhumane punishment.

I rolled my eyes. "It was an accident! I didn't know that the freaking cigarette was still lit," I grumbled under my breath, with a scowl on my face.

Sam laughed carefreely, slapping my back playfully. "You're are an idiot, you know that, Forrest? How the hell did that happen?"

I glared, trying to hide the small smile threatening to break across my face. "It was an accident, Sammy. How many f*cking times do I have to tell you that? An accident."

Sam shrugged, not taking much out of my words. "You're still an idiot. A huge one at that," Sam stated, while rolling his eyes.

"Whatever, Sammy," I grumbled, "Just concentrate on your driving. I don't plan on dying at age seventeen."

Sam scowled, yet didn't respond, because well, he knew what I'd said was pretty true; he was a pretty awful/dangerous driver. I was pretty sure we were two centimeters from hitting the car in the other lane when Sam swerved the car into the lane.

It was also especially worrying that Sammy was currently driving fifteen miles per hour over the speed limit and acting like he was racing at NASCAR.

It was kind of funny that the only blemish on Sam's record was a f*cking speeding ticket. A speeding ticket. Hell, Sammy was like the modern day Al Capone, and the only dirt on his record was for driving a few miles over the speed limit.

But then again, with the police force filled with guts like Carter, I guess it really shouldn't be a surprise.

***

"Due to the 'accident' that occured on Friday, we will not be returning to Yosemite National Park again," Carter angrily explained, his eyes trained on mine like a hawk's.

Am I supposed to feel intimidated or something...?

The hippies all looked back towards me, each one giving me a trained, cold hard glare.

Seriously, were they actually mad about this? God, they should be thanking me! Or at least singing glory hallelujah!

Certainly not giving me murderous looks.

I sighed and pretended like I had no idea what Carter was referring too.

Carter, finally breaking eye contact, continued in a relatively 'strict' tone, "Despite this setback, we still need to start preparing for this year's play!"

The teens cheered and whispered excitedly, almost like they just couldn't wait to be embarrassed as hell in front of everyone. Idiots.

"The leads this year will be Alaska Green and Chase Forrest," Carter announced, soaking in the reaction of the hippies, who all looked pretty freaking worried.

Come to think of it, they were probably pretty worried I'd ruin their stupid play. Which I, admittedly, probably would. Even if it wasn't my intention.

But honestly, this play was a pretty good opportunity to make a fool out of Carter and embarass the hell out of him. It probably wasn't so wise for him to hand me the part. Especially when I would joyously ruin the play-- and (what was left of) Carter's reputation.

One hippie was brave enough to voice his 'concern,' and worriedly questioned Carter's idea. "Sir, are you sure it's a good idea for ah, Chase to be in the play, much less be the lead? I mean, he'd probably ruin the play."

The teens muttered their agreement and looked almost pleadingly towards Carter.

I snorted, and noticed how all the hippies all focused their eyes on me once more. "Oh guys! Thanks so much for all the support. I'm so glad you guys trust me with the play!" I sarcastically announced, my tone overly sweet and fake.

With an almost embarrassed look, the hippies turned around, like they had even forgot I was here. Alaska, on the other hand, amusedly looked towards my direction, stifling a laugh.

I'm glad someone found this whole situation pretty f*cking hilarious.

Carter cleared his throat and all heads, thankfully, turned towards Carter, "Although I'm sure many of you are worried about my decision, but it is final. In fact, I am certain about Mr. Forrest's ability to perform the part of Frankie Treesome well."

Frankie Treesome must just be the freaking gayest name ever.

And long story short, the nature elves didn't look the slightest convinced.

Nope. If anything, the hippies looked like they wanted to murder Carter and/or myself. I was even certain a few hippies mouthed quite a few profanities to me.

Huh. And I thought hippies were supposed to all accepting and nice.

Another boy spoke up, pimples and acne all over his face, his voice even higher than Kurt Hummel, "But sir, you said the part was mine!"

Oh god. This kid actually wanted the d*mn part of Frankie Treesome? What the hell is wrong with him?

"You actually want to be a lonely gay tree? Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? Where is your manhood? If you really want the d*mn part, you can have it," I snorted, my expression bemused.

The teen glared towards me, and pushed his glasses even higher up his nose, but said nothing to defend his sexuality or repuation. Huh, guess he is gay after all. I wonder who the 'lucky' man is.

Carter interferred, noticing that the situation was getting slightly out of hand, "Guys, I know the part of Frankie Treesome is a very coveted part, but unfortunately, this decision is final and will not change. And my final decision is to have Mr. Forrest here, play the part!"

Coveted? Yeah right.

D*mn. I really wish Carter just gave that gay kid the part-- it's pretty obvious that the kid's internal gayness needed the stupid part.

And, more importantly, I would not make a bloody fool of myself in front of the whole f*cking town.

Before I could suggest the d*mn idea to Carter, Alaska, being the prat she is, had to yet again, voice her own 'opinions.'

"Officer Carter, sir, perhaps we should now start actually practicing for the play. I mean, you must realize the play is only three weeks away!"

And once again, Carter's pervy little eyes were focused on Alaska Green's very minimal boobs, as he excitedly nodded and agreed to her words.

Such a fu*king tool.

_______________

a/n. Ugh, sorry bout the crappy chapter. I might add more to it later.

I think I'm in love with Chase's character, lol.

Anyways, please vote and leave feedback (:

Thanks for reading! <3

- elena w.