Ch. 2 The Person Who Came Was..

"I'll see you tomorrow, Feli!" Ludwig waved to his Italian friend. The Italian waved back with his usual jolly expression. Ludwig expected his older brother to come and take him sooner, like he always does. But this time, it's different. "Where is he? Usually he would be here like 10 minutes ago.." Ludwig said to himself, starting to worry.

"Ludwig?" He heard a soft call who he believed to be a woman. "Yes?" He answered, then gasped as soon as he saw the woman. "Eli!!" He yelled as he ran towards her. "I missed you so much! Where have you been all these years?" The boy asked, hugging her. "I'll tell you all about it later. We have to go now." Eliza told.

"Go where? Where's brother? And why are you bruised??" He started asking questions as he saw her hand which was hurt after she was pushed to the ground. "No time for that. Just follow me." She pulled the boy's hand and headed out of the school towards her car.

"Buckle up." She said. Ludwig just did as told. Eliza drove a little faster than usual with a worried expression on her face. A lot of questions are popping in her mind right now.

'What's gonna be his reaction?' 'Will he cry?' 'Can he accept this reality?' 'Will he hate ME?'.

"Eli..why did you take me here?" The toddler asked, still confused. "You'll see it later. Now let's go.." she said as she parked her car next to the huge, white building.

шЖш

Elizaveta pushed the door to the room which consist a lot of machines and an albino who was sleeping gracefully on a bed in white sheets. "Eli..... what happened..?" Ludwig questioned. "I'm so sorry. The doctor said he will be in a coma for a long time." She answered. Ludwig stood beside the bed, looking at his damaged brother.

Tears finally ran down his cheeks. He began to cry. Eliza went towards him to comfort him. Eliza was no less. She also burst into tears as she felt really sorry for the little child that she held in her embrace.

"Ludwig.. I'll come to your house tonight. I can look after you while he's here." She told him. He just nodded.

The following day, Eliza cooked some breakfast for them, sent him to school and took him home before they can go and visit Gilbert again, went back home, cooked dinner and put him to sleep. They repeated the same thing everyday until it became sort of a routine.

One day, when visiting Gilbert, Ludwig asked, "Eli.. do you think he'll wake up soon?" Eliza stuttered a little. "Wh.. what kind of question is that? Of course I do." She answered. "Why?" She added. "Well.. it's been a year now.." he said.

"Ludwig, your brother once said, no matter what, we just have to accept what's coming. I'm sure he'll wake up soon. Some people had comas longer than him, you know?" She said, assuring him. "I guess you're right.." he said.

шЖш