Ch. 5 Goodnight

"I'm so sorry. But all I can remember is.. I think I have a little brother and.. a father. And there's this girl but I can't remember who she is." He explained.

Eliza was really speechless. The silence continued until the doctor came in. Eliza stood up and walked towards the doctor. "Doctor, what happened to him?" She asked, worried. "Well.. as you just witnessed, he had lost some of his memories." The doctor replied with a sorrowful expression.

"I'm so sorry." He apologized. "No need. It's okay as long as he's alive." She said. Gilbert just watched as they had their conversation. "E...excuse me. Where am I? Why is this wire attached to me? Was I sick? Where's my brother and my father?" He started asking a lot of questions.

"Calm down sir. You're at the hospital. You had coma for 5 years and now suffering memory loss. This is Elizaveta, your childhood friend. I think she'll be able to tell you everything." The doctor explained. "Miss Elizaveta, I think he can get out of here after I do some paperwork. So, I might release him tomorrow or the other day." He added. Eliza nodded. The doctor got out of the ward.

Eliza went back to her seat beside Gilbert. She got her phone out to text Ludwig.
'Hey..'

'Hallo, something happened?'

'Ludwig, he finally woke up!'

'SERIOUSLY?!'

'Yea, but..'

'But?'

'He.. lost his memories..'

'You're kidding..'

'I'm not. I swear. He remembered you, tho. And your father. Do you want to talk to him?'

'.. no thanks. I think it's best to let him rest.'

'Okay then. Bye.'

'Gute nacht.'

"So... what are you doing?" Gilbert broke the silence. "Oh, I was just texting someone." Liz said. "Do you want something to eat?" She asked. "Sure."

Eliza took out the food that Francis gave. "Here." She handed him a fork and spoon. "Sorry if it's cold." "It's okay." He said, smiling. Eliza blushed a little.

шЖш

Meanwhile at Gil and Ludwig's house..

"Who were you texting just now?" Feli asked. "It's Eli, she said my brother woke up." Ludwig told. "REALLY?!" Antonio and Francis gasped in unison. "Yes, but... he lost his memories." He said with a frown. They gasped again, Feli joined.

"It's okay. He can still remember a bit. Like, me and our father. We'll help him remember, right?" Ludwig said. The three nodded. "Wait, there's one thing I'm worried about. You said he remembered your father. But does he remember what happened to him?" That thought flew in the Spaniard's head. "Hmm.. you're right. We better not talk about it yet." Ludwig said.

шЖш

"Hey, what was your name again?" Gilbert asked. "Elizaveta Hedervary." Liz answered. "Wow, it's so beautiful!" He said with a surprised expression on his face. "Really?" Eliza blushed. "Yea, it fits your beautiful face." He said. Eliza's face was really red as a tomato this time. "T.. thanks. This is awkward.. you used to say that to me once, when we first met." She told him.
Now he's the one who's blushing. "I... see. It really is awkward." "Haha, it's okay. So, what else do you remember besides your brother?" She asked. "Not much, I guess. I can't actually remember what his name is." He said with a frown. "It's Ludwig Beilschmidt. But you always called him West. You're gonna meet him tomorrow." She said. "West... That's great." His frown turned into a bright smile. Eliza chuckled. "You're so funny and cute when you don't remember things." She laughed. He laughed with her.

"You'd better go to sleep now." She assured him. He nodded. "Umm.. Lizzie, can you get me another blanket, please? It's really cold in here." He asked. "Sure. Anything else?" "Snacks, maybe?" Eliza nodded.

Eliza got out of the ward and came back ten minutes later as she went to the nearest convenient store. "Here you go Gil-" he was already asleep. Eliza giggled a little. "Looks like we're eating these tomorrow." She said in a whisper, taking the blanket just now and covering Gilbert up with it.

"Good night, Gilbert." She kissed his cheek.