Ch.3 Memories

"Haha! You'll never catch me if you're that slow!" A six year old albino boy yelled. "Come here you! Only cowards runs away from his rival, you coward!" A female brunette yelled back. The albino suddenly slowed down and stopped. His wide grin turned into a frown.

The brunette was confused by his actions and also stopped. "Hey, why did you st-" "Take that back." He said. "Hn? What? About you, being a coward? Hah! You wish! I would never take back what I just said." She grinned. The boy got annoyed, "Why, you..!" He started chasing the girl. She ran while giggling. "Now you're the one who's running, huh?" He continued chasing until he got her, pushing her to the ground. They both laughed, while the sun continues to sink.

"Liz, do you think we'll be like this when we're older?" The albino asked, looking up to the stars. "I don't know.. why?" She replied. "I hope we do..." he said. "Gil.. all these moments that we had.. promise me you won't forget about them." She said. The boy looked at her for a moment. "I promise." He agreed.

"I love you, Gil.." she murmured really quietly. "What was that?" The boy asked as he didn't clearly hear it. The brunette blushed, "N.. nothing!" She said, almost screaming. "You're weird. Let's get inside, you don't want to catch a cold, do you?" He asked. She nodded while getting up on her feet.

шЖш

Two years later.

"Eliza, come here." The girl's mom called. "Yes, mom?" She answered. "Here, come and meet Roderich. He's our new neighbour. I hope you'd be nice to him and show you around the town." Her mom introduced.

"Hi. I'm Elizaveta. But you can call me Liz or Eli." She introduced herself. "Hello." He greeted. "There's someone I'd like you to meet. Let's go!" She said. "Uhh.. mother, can we go?" He asked before following the brunette. "Of course." His mom approved. He continued to follow her.

"Gil! Gil!!" She yelled, calling the albino's name. "What?!" The boy finally answered. "We've got a new neighbour!" She yelled again. "So what?" He yelled back. "At least be nice and say hi?!" She said. The white-head finally got out. "Well, hello there~! I'm Gilbert. It's so nice to meet you!" He greeted sarcastically, holding a hand out. "I'm Roderich." He grabbed his hand and shook on it.

"Uhh.. Liz. Can we talk for a sec, please?" He whispered. "Sure, what do you want?" She said as she followed him. "I don't think I like this guy.. I mean, look at him. All tidy with the spectacles and stuff." He whispers. She sighed, "Then why don't we ask him to play for a bit and see if he's fun to play with?"

The albino thought for a while. "Okay then.." he grunted. "Hey, glasses! Let's go." He called using a nickname he just thought of but then got smacked by the brunette. Roderich just followed whatever the albino said.

They played wooden swords as the two usually does but Roderich had to make his own, which he was terrible at doing so and Gilbert had to make one for him. "So.. how do you guys play this game?" He asked. The albino looked at him, raising a brow. "You.. never played swords?" He asked. Roderich shook his head. "Well, that's easy. You just have to take your sword and chase each other until you got 'em. Or until you get tired and fall to the ground." He gave a simple how-to that doesn't really make any sense.

They played swords until dawn. Roderich stop a while because he was too tired.

Gilbert still doesn't really like Roderich. To him, he was too lame to be in his 'awesome friends list'. Eliza just ignored him and became friends with Roderich.

шЖш

It had been five years now since Roderich moved in.

Gilbert went to open the door as he heard knocks on it. "I'm coming!" He yelled, telling whoever on the other side to wait. Right after he opened the door, an emerald-eyed brunette quickly came in and have him a bone-breaking hug. Gilbert felt weird but hugged the person back. "Liz, what's wrong." He asked as he heard the girl sobbing.

"Gil.. my mom said we're moving along with Roderich's family." She said, still crying. Gilbert's eyes widened. He caressed her brown locks. "R.. really? Where are you moving to?" He asked, trying to hold back his tears. "Hungary. My mom told me there's an excellent school there." Gilbert froze as he heard the country's name.

"Hungary, huh? That's quite far.. isn't there a great school in this town too?" He said, his voice was shaking as he is still holding back his tears. "Yes, but my mom wanted us to move in to my grandma's house. I'm scared Gil.. what if the girls there doesn't want to be my friend because I'm boyish? What if I wanted to meet you? What if we never move back?" She asked, still hugging him and crying.

Gilbert's tears finally fell. "I.. It's okay.. you have Roderich don't you?" He said the thing that he didn't want to say. "And i.. if you missed me, we could just write letters to each other or something like that." He said. They're still in each other's embrace until her mom called. She cried even more. "Gil, I don't wanna go!" "You have to.. it's for your own good." Gilbert assured her. Eliza shook her head, "No! I don't wanna go! I don't want to leave you!" "Liz.. leaving someone really does hurt you. And it hurts that someone too. But until time passes, that wound will heal. I know how you feel, Liz. And I don't mind if you have to go." Gilbert told. She just nodded.

"Gilbert.. I will miss you so much. Please, promise me you won't ever forget the memories that we had together." She said. "I promise and will never break it." He promised.

Eliza gave him a kiss on his cheek before running towards the car. He blushed. "I love you, Liz.." Gilbert murmured to himself as she left.

"Gil, who was that?" His father, Fritz asked. "It was just Liz." He answered. The now thirteen year old boy walked to the dining room where his family were having breakfast.

"Brother, were you crying?" Seven year old Ludwig asked. "Wh.. what?! No!" He denied. "But your eyes are red." Ludwig said. "They're always red." He reassured his brother. "Gil, tell me why you were crying, please." This time his father asked. He sighed, "Okay.. Liz was moving to Hungary.." He said with a frown. The other two gasps.

"Why is Eli moving?" Ludwig asked, frowning. "Her mom got her to a new school there. And Glasses is gonna go with her." He replied. Fritz smiled and said, "Gil, no matter what happens, you have to live on and accept reality. I know it's painful. But that's just what it is. All you can do now is wish her luck and hope for her to maybe come back." The man gave him some advice. Gilbert started to smile.

'Father's right.. maybe she'll come back one day. I just have to keep wishing the best for her.' He thought.

шЖш