Ch.4 After All These Years

Eliza sat beside the infirmary bed, still waiting for the man to wake up. "Gil... it's been five years now. Why won't you wake up? Ludwig had turned to a good man like you always wanted him to. Antonio and Francis came here every evening in hope for you to wake up. I always wanted to taste one of the recipes that you've learnt. I.. I love you, Gil.. I never wanted to go with Roderich. I wanted to stay with you. Why did you tell me to go?!" Elizaveta said while crying continuously.

Ludwig knocked on the door, letting her know that somebody is coming in. He came in with Antonio, Francis, and a shorter boy with a curl on his hair named Feliciano.

"Liz, are you-" Francis was about to ask when Antonio stopped him. "Liz, you've been taking care of him over all these years. Let us take over for tonight." He said.

"No thanks.." she refused. "Liz, I didn't ask you. I'm commanding you." He insisted. "Eli, please. You've been here every night for like, years. You must be tired. So let us do it for once." Feli pleaded. Eliza thought for a moment. "Then, how about tomorrow?" She asked. "Okay then." Ludwig quickly agreed. "We'll be getting going now. Here's your food that you've ordered. We'll see you tomorrow, kay?" Francis assured. "Okay." Eliza replied.

шЖш

That night, Eliza continued to 'speak' with Gilbert. "Gil, remember when we were chasing each other under the big tree and I called you a coward? I take back all my words. You're really brave. Thanks for saving me back then." She thanked him, holding his cold, pale hand.

His hand moved. "Excuse me..?" Gilbert, who had been sleeping for five years finally woke up. Elizaveta gasped. Her eyes widened. She was so shocked that can't even think of a word to say!

She quickly leaned over and hug him as tight as she can. Tears rolling down her cheeks. "Gil. You finally woke up!" She said, almost screaming. "Uhh.. yea.." He hugged her back, but his face shows confusion.

They parted the hug. "Um.. pardon me for asking but.. who are you?" Gilbert asked. Those words echoed in her head. "Gilbert, it's me, Liz." She said, assuring. "Liz? I think I know that name but when?" He asked himself, holding his head. "Gil.. what's into you? Don't tell me.. you.. lost your memories.." she said the last part in a lower tone.

"I'm so sorry. But all I can remember is.. I think I have a little brother and.. a father. "And there's this girl but I can't remember who she is." He explained.

To be continued..