Ch 8 The Moment

"Haha! You'll never catch me if you're that slow!"

"Hn? What? About you, being a coward? Hah! You wish! I would never take back what I just said."

"Liz, do you think we'll be like this when we're older?"

"Gil, all these moments that we had.. promise me you won't forget about them.."

"I'm Roderich."

"Why don't we ask him to play for a bit?"

"Hey, glasses! Let's go."

"You never played swords before?"

"My mom said we're moving along with Roderich's family."

"Hungary."

"I'm scared Gil, what if the girls there doesn't want to be my friend because I'm boyish? What if I wanted to see you? What if we never moved back?"

"I.. It's okay.. you have Roderich don't you?"

"We could just write letters to each other."

"Leaving someone really does hurt you.. until time passes, that wound will heal."

"Please, promise me you won't ever forget the memories that we had together."

"I promise and will never let go of it."

"I love you Liz."

Those words popped up in Gilbert's dream when he was sleeping. He felt really uncomfortable as it came so rapidly and he had to accept them all at once.

He woke up, covered in sweat. He pant as if he just came back from murdering someone. Elizaveta came inside the room. "Good morning." She greeted. "G' morning.. wait, it's morning already?" He greeted back. "Nah, I was joking, can't you see where the sun is? Woah, why are you sweating so much?" Eliza asked, getting her handkerchief and wiping his forehead. "I don't know.. these memories appeared in my head like a bullet train. I think I might get a headache." He told. "Here, I brought you something to eat. Eat up, go take a shower and come down to the backyard." She said. Gil nodded.

шЖш

"Hey, Liz. What are we doing here?" Gil asked, feeling curious. "Close your eyes, I'll be out in a sec. Absolutely no peeking!" She commanded. Gilbert closed his eyes. Suddenly, he felt something on his shoulders. "What are you doing?" He asked, eyes still closed. "Shh..! You'll see for yourself. Open your eyes." She said. Gilbert opened his eyes to find that he was wearing his old cape and their wooden swords in Eliza's hands. Gilbert gasped, "Liz, where'd you find these?" He asked. "Ludwig kept them. He said that, when I moved to Hungary, you cried every night and wished for me to come back soon. And the only thing you missed the most was playing swords with me. So, Gil. Can we play swords now?" She asked. Gil smiled. "Of course."

They started chasing each other and laughing like when they were kids. They finally became tired as the sun melts into the horizon. Eliza fell under the old tree, Gil fell beside her. They turned to face each other but was just inches close. Liz blushed. Gil got closer and kissed her on her lips. Liz was quite shocked but melted into the passionate kiss.

They broke the kiss after about 10 seconds. Liz blushed madly as she hid her face, feeling embarrassed. Gilbert chuckled. "Hey, you don't need to feel embarrassed." He said in a calm tone. "Gil.. that kiss just now.. was it real?" She asked, not believing what just happened. "It's real and sincerely from me, I love you, Liz." He said. Eliza smiled, "I love you too, Gil. I always had."

"So.. you don't mind if I asked about Roderich, right?" He asked. "I don't.. he moved to Austria 5 years later. He did ask me to go with him but I refused and told him I wanna move back. Also, we used to be a couple . Not that I wanted to, my friends there just sorta ship me with him. I hope you don't-" "I don't mind, it's okay. Hey, it's getting cold. Let get inside." He said, getting up and giving her his hand. Liz grabbed his hand and got up.

"So, what were you guys doing when I was cooking dinner?" Ludwig asked. Liz stuttered "Uhh... nothing. Just lying under the tree, watching the stars."