☆ F o u r t y - T h r e e☆

Nathan Maloley

"If this is your plan to kill me, please do it quickly." Jordyn jokes but I have to clench my jaw at that. On another day, I probably would've snapped at her for getting out of line. But since it's her birthday, I let her off with a warning squeeze, she'll know what I mean. 

She doesn't say anything but I know she'll get the message. I've trained her well. Sometimes, she forgets but that's okay. As long as she knows when she has messed up. I continue to lead her down the trail until we near the destination, and I turn off of the trail into the woods. 

Jordyn trips over a branch on the ground but I catch her and we both laugh. "We're almost there, don't worry." I inform her, making sure there are no more sticks in her path and shielding the long leaves that may hit her away from her path. 

We finally enter the clearing where I had set up the surprise and untie her blindfold. She looks in front of her and looks at me her eyes wide. "Skate." She says softly. "Oh my god." 

I smile at the look on her face and wrap my arms around her. "Do you like it?" I ask looking at my work that had taken more than a few hours yesterday. I had set up a huge tent with several air mattresses under it and covered them with tons of pillows and blankets. There was also a projector covered under the shade of the tent with a huge stack of movies next to it. There was a huge crate full of food, popcorn, oreos, chips, nutella, all of her favorites. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to do all of this in a public park but fuck it. It's not like anyone told me I couldn't. 

"It's amazing." Jordyn says turning to face me. "I love you so much." She tells me placing her lips on mine. My life is truly perfect.