-Chapter Thirteen

some of you may have read the beginning of this chapter before because I posted it back in March, but since then the chapter glitched and half of it disappeared so I edited it and rewrote it and changed what happens in it:))

"Maybe if he wasn't such a massive idiot," Harry said to Ron and Hermione. "I would actually feel sorry for him."

They had just began walking upstairs toward the common room after Draco decided to declare Lily and James as a fraud. That obviously didn't end well, as all the professors had great respect for the couple, as well as Dumbledore, and had gladly given him a weeks worth of detention. The smug look on the trios faces was enough to send Sirius, 'Professor White' into hysterics.

"They're all looking at us," Ron whispered a couple of moments later. "This is weird,"

Hermione caught the eyes of a few first years who immediately looked away, their faces red. "Your parents are going to have it even worse, Harry." Hermione said as they stepped into the common room. The talking ceased at once and the only audible sound in the room was the faint crackling of the fire.

Harry took one quick look around, avoided the eyes of his other friends and sighed. "Trust me, I know." And with that, he took off up the stairs and toward the dormitories, refusing to speak to anyone else for the rest of the night.

* * *

Harry awoke at the crack of dawn. He had a fairly good nights rest, too stressed to worry and too worried to stress. Harry wasn't even sure if that made sense, but it's what he told Ron and Hermione anyways.

"I don't want to go in," Harry said, staring dejectedly at the doors of the Great Hall. "Could we just skip breakfast?"

Ron seemed as if he was just about to protest when Hermione cut in. "This isn't right," She said, adjusting her bag strap on her shoulder. "You shouldn't have to feel like this. Harry; last year, you were attacked by Voldemort. But you got through it and survived, and I know that; Ron knows that. Dumbledore knows that and your parents know that. But so do you, and it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. You know what's coming, you know he's out there and you should stand up tall, walk through those doors and act like someone who knows what they're doing. Who knows what has happened and who knows what's going to happen. Harry; you're the boy who lived. They worshipped and trusted you for years and deep down, they still do. The Ministry is getting to their heads and we need to expose them and expose Voldemort; whichever one. But you need to fight for this Harry. Fight for all of us, and we'll be right there next to you."

Harry stared at her with slight shock and amazement. Then her words hit him like a brick. She was right; he had to get himself together. He was the one Voldemort wanted, it was his blood that he wanted shed. He had to act like a leader and master his forms.

"You're completely right. Thanks Hermione, I owe you one." Harry smiled at her gratefully. He strode toward the entrance of the Great Hall and stood straight at the entrance, took a deep breath and prepared himself for the stares.

One strong, confident step after the other, and the other, and the other; Harry walked with purpose down the hall.

He received glares and whispers and giggles but he didn't acknowledge any of them. His head was proudly held high as he stopped right in front of his mother at the front.

"Morning, love," Lily hugged her son tightly. "Sleep well?"

Harry nodded. "Yeah, I guess so."

She smiled at him. "That's good. Now, Hermione and Ron are waving over at us, so either they're really excited to see me or they want to tell you something. Off you go, I have to go and wake up your father now anyways."