-Chapter Fourteen

"Mr. Potter, I told you that you can't speak to Mr. Weasley whenever you please in my lesson," Professor Snape snapped, staring horridly at Harry.

  Rolling his eyes, Harry turned to face his book, staring at the words but not reading them. He was still in awe of how far he managed to get with his wolf transformation; all he really needed was one last trigger to get him all the way. He hoped that it would come soon because he still had multiple forms to work on and he was desperate to start on the next one.

  "Hey, Ron, how long do you reckon it would take to--?" Harry's question was cut off by a throat-clearing by a disgruntled Snape. Fed up of hearing his snide voice, Harry spoke up. "Yeah, yeah, I know. Ten points from Gryffindor."

  Snape seemed almost amused by this, his lips twitching into a slight smirk. "I was going to say five, but your suggestion seems much more appealing."

  Harry didn't speak for the rest of the lesson.

* * *

  "You bloody idiot," Ron muttered, pushing Harry away from the rest of the glaring Gryffindors. "They hate you even more now."

  Harry groaned. "Yes, I know, Ron."

  "They're going to be complaining about this to the rest of the house, you know." Ron continued, obviously not noticing how irritated Harry was getting. "I mean, any opportunity to hate Harry Potter any more than they already do, they'll take it."

  "Okay, Ron. I get it." Harry seethed, gritting his teeth, but his best friend just ignored him.

  "I mean, now Snape's going to be in a bad mood with Gryffindor all day! And they'll all blame you and--"

  "Ron, for god's sake I get it! I completely get it! Snape hates me. Everyone hates me. Just. Shut Up!" Harry roared, his canine teeth elongating. He stormed away from Ron, feeling his anger grow even more, fur spurting from his face. His vision turned sharper, and he began to panic. He couldn't shift; not here in front of everyone. In a hazy mind set, Harry dashed off of the school grounds and into the forbidden forest where he was sure no one would be able to see him.

  He stripped off his clothes, feeling his back begin to arch more. Immense pain surged through him as his legs shortened, his jaw extended and he seemed to get closer and closer to the ground.

  What's happening?

  That was a dumb question. Harry knew exactly what was happening and how fast it was happening. He had completely transformed into his first animagus form.

  He began to growl as he realised that he had no idea how to turn back. Would he just relax as he did before? Harry tried this out, attempting to loosen every muscle in his body. Roll his eyes into the back of his head and just feel the human seep back into him. He could feel himself slowly begin to transform when he heard a familiar voice: "Ouch! James! You just stepped on my foot!" Lily complained, her voice loud and clear in the hauntingly quiet forest.

  "Sorry, love!" James said.

  Harry could tell that they were rather far, yet with his sharp, wolf ears, he could hear them as if they were just five feet away.

  Still, curious to see what his parents were up to in the middle of the forbidden forest, Harry quietly crept up to where the voices came from.

  "Why are we out here anyway?" Lily asked, her voice sounding much louder now, Harry noticed. He presumed he was rather close to them.

  "We're almost there -- ow!" James yelped. Harry poked his head around a tree just in time to see him walk straight into a branch. An involuntary snort of amusement came from Harry and he automatically pulled his head back to hide.