-Chapter Fifteen

If some of my information is wrong, I'm really sorry but I tried to do make it as accurate as possible but sometimes I have to change things to fit the book lol

Mastering one animagus form didn't help you learn the others, Harry soon realised. Each required a different technique, a different mind set and different levels of emotion.

It was difficult, really, keeping a secret as big as his when he was always watched by the entire school. He may have been severely unpopular reputation wise, that didn't stop students from gawking at him because he was Harry Potter.

Every step he took, eyes trailed after him and whispers of accusations filled the air; Harry was just happy that his parents weren't affected by it. In fact, everyone seemed to love Lily, James and Sirius. Their lessons were often the highlight of their week purely because although the work is hard, they manage to make learning somewhat enjoyable.

The real difficulty was Dolores Umbridge. An evil, manipulative woman disguised in pink skirts and odd hats. Umbridge littered Hogwarts' corridors with her unnecessary rules and regulations and it seemed as though Harry could never escape her beady eyes and loud heels. Desperation to catch him doing something wrong -- anything wrong -- reeked off of her like perfume, and she had Rita Skeeter at the tip of her fingers, ready to slide an article ratting out Harry if need be.

Harry, meanwhile, had two things he set out every morning to do (well, one of them he avoided doing, rather): 1) not get into any further trouble with Umbridge by staying under the radar and 2) mastering another animagus form.

The stag was the next one Harry wanted to master. Firstly because he figured it would be handy one to have as it was a rather quick animal, so an easy getaway would not be difficult. Secondly, he could escape the constant nagging from his dad and Sirius about whether or not he had mastered it. He would be able to prove to them that he had mastered his animagus form (what they believed was his only animagus form).

* * *

Considering Sirius was a Marauder, Harry discovered that he was actually pretty terrible at sneaking around.

It was their fifth Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson, and their first with Sirius (he was absent for the first couple, and they therefore had to endure Umbridge for an extra lesson per week). As they walked in, the man shot Harry a wink as he leaned against his front desk. Slowly, as the rest of the Gryffindor and Slytherin kids filtered into the classroom, Sirius continued to stare directly at Harry, trying to mouth something at him. Harry, desperate not to draw to much attention to the fact that they may know each other outside of the classroom to the rest of the class, tried to avoid eye contact. Sirius, on the other hand . . .

"Right, please open your textbooks to page 12," Sirius ordered, strolling around the classroom. Then, as he passed by the table where Harry was sat with Ron, he added in a quiet voice, "Grimmauld Place."

Ron stifled a laugh, but Harry sighed. This was going to be a long forty-five minutes.

* * *

Sirius requested Harry to stay back after the lesson.

As everyone cleared out, Harry busied himself by deciding how he was going to tell Sirius that he had almost mastered his animagus form. Surely it was inappropriate to do so without his father, his mother and Remus present, considering they were the ones who helped him along the way. Besides, his parents deserved to know first. He had gone fifteen years without being able to share secrets with his parents, and Harry wanted to make sure that he did now that he could.