Chapter 23: Ratted Out

I turned the corner and went into the classroom. "She's hoeish as hell, Irina is ewwww," Brian said.

Irina walked up to him and said, "What?? Just because you're a dude, doesn't mean that you can't get slapped!"

"Just because you're a dude in disguise, you can't get smacked, booboo," he said as he flipped his imaginary weave.

"Shut up!" she said.

"Girl, begone, you're not worth my time," he dismissed her by the wave of his hand.

When class started, I didn't pay attention to what the teacher was saying. When the bell rang I walked out and made it my mission to piss Scarlet off. If I annoy her enough, she'll want to leave.

I saw her reaching into her locker and I slammed the locker closed at soon as her hand was out.

She jumped in surprise and glared at me, "What??"

"I wanted to say, hi."

"Whatever, you and I both know you didn't come here for that."

"I know, I hope you don't push me off my roof," I scoffed.

Scarlet sneered and said, "Shut up."

"I don't care, I should tell everyone, but I don't know."

"Don't tell anyone," she whispered. I shrugged and spun on the soles of my shoes and walked down the hallway.

When the bell rang, I went to the bathroom and stayed there. I skipped class, listened to music, and waited for the bell to ring.

After half an hour, it did. I walked out of the bathroom and looked for Scarlet, she was on her phone. She looked up and saw me, "What??"

"That attitude," I said.

"So what??" she said between gritted teeth.

Out of nowhere, Daisy appeared and said, "Scarlet, you pushed someone off of their roof?!"

Scarlet's face paled and that's when Daisy knew it was true. Scarlet glared at me as she said, "Who told you??"

"Everyone's talking about it," she answered as she glanced at us back and forth, "Gotta go," she skipped down the hallway.

Scarlet turned towards me and hissed, "What the fuck, you told everyone?!"

I was surprised, "I didn't say anything, I didn't tell any one, I wanted you to feel guilty by dangling it over your head, now someone beat me to it."

"Then who the fuck could've told them?!"

I shrugged and I realized, where the hell was Jett??

"Who the hell could've told them??" she sighed when she rested her forehead on the locker.

"I did." We turned around and saw Jett with her arms folded across her chest.

Three police officers stepped from behind her and clicked the handcuffs on Scarlet's wrists.

Jett had a mean smirk on her face and said, "There was a $25,000 reward and I got it."

My mouth hung open and I had to shut it, I saw the hurt look on Scarlet's face as she replied, "So you would turn me in for $25,000??" she choked back tears as Jett answered,

"Friendship won't help pay loans," she said evilly.

Scarlet turned towards me and whispered, "Thanks for not telling."

I nodded and knew the officers didn't hear us. Everyone watched as they hauled her out of the school. At that moment, I realized, Jett couldn't be trusted.

I silently walked away and heard Jett ask, "Where are you going?"

I shrugged and decided anywhere, but I wasn't staying here. I decided to go the mall, so I got in my car and drove there. I sat in the food court for two hours and my phone was full with new messages.

Every last single one of them were from Jett, 'Where the hell are you??' 'Why did you leave?' 'I had to rat her out'. Since it was time to leave and school was over and I headed to the county jail and asked to see Scarlet.

The place was lit up and the floors were shining. I heard the whistles from the other cells and saw women inmates peering at me, grinning. "I like your tattoos!" one of them called.

"Thanks!" I called back as I looked at my tattoos, they were pretty awesome.

Jett got her here, I thought. They lead me to the room and I was behind the glass. Two guard lead an orange jumpsuit clad Scarlet and she sat down, facing the glass, looking surprised.

"Hi," she said.

"Hi, so Jett-"

She cut me off, "I don't give a fuck about what she has to say, she's a fake ass bitch, and," she lowered her voice and whispered, "If I see her out there when I get out of here, I'm fucking that coward ass bitch up, I'm serious."
"I don't know what to say because she acts so innocent," I replied.

"That bitch isn't shit to me anymore, the whole time I thought it would be you to say something, but it was her who snitched on me," she said. She picked at the glass.

I replied, "So, how much is the bond?"
"$25,000, I might get probation, parole, or life in here because of her."

"That's how much money she got," I said.

She nodded and said, "I'm sorry for doubting you."

I was surprised, "I'm sorry for annoying you."

We both accepted each other's apology and sat there laughing and she asked, "Can you annoy the shit out her for me? Maybe beat her ass one good time?"

I laughed and answered, "Sure."

"Jenson, time's up," the guard announced.

She got up and I said, "Free my dawg!" She smiled and we hung up the phone and she was lead back to her cell.

The next day, I avoided Jett and she noticed. She confronted me while I was at my locker and said, "What the hell is up with you??"

"You snitched on her while I was supposed to do that and you did that shit for money too," I replied.

She shrugged and I replied, "I would've never done that for money, I would've done that so she could be humiliated."

"So...??" I rolled my eyes and walked away from her.

She followed me and pulled me to the side. "What??"

"I did for money, so...?"

"Aren't you the sneaky one?? Have fun with that," I chuckled as I left her. She was crazy if she thought that I was going to be happy that she rubbed that $25,000 in my face.

I knew one way or the other, that behind the sweet and nice act, was a manipulative and sneaky bitch, and she learned from the best. Somehow, I knew that I was going to be her next target.