interlude

160221
sunday
01:48

sungjoo and taehyung were worried to death. their faces were pale even though they had to run their way to the nearest hospital as the underground service had already ended.

'hanseul!' taehyung panicked as he saw her lying on the bed, so still, as if she wouldn't wake up anymore. sungjoo ran past him and knelt beside the bed, holding her cold hand to her cheek.

'what happened auntie?' he asked softly, his eyes full of worry and eyebrows knitted with concern. 'she was still fine this morning.'

the poor lady's eyes were swollen from sobbing, heart still throbbing from the shock and worries of losing her only daughter. taehyung pulled her into a warm hug and brought her back down the chair. as he listened to the tale, he gently stroke her back.

'she was outside when i came home,' she held her fist to her lips, the handkerchief soaked with tears. 'she told me that she was waiting for me to come back, but i know probably not.'

a lump was formed in his throat, almost choking him. he laid his sorrowful eyes on the two girls in front of him. her hand must be ice cold, as sungjoo kept on blowing hot air to it.

'god, i should have checked on her.' taehyung stroked her back more as she started sobbing again. 'she told me she was okay, but then she fell down the floor! boy, her notebook was stained with blood!'

sungjoo shook her head and tears were falling like little crystals. 'what did the doctor say?'

'she must have stayed in the cold for hours, and maybe she haven't eaten. hanseul's nose was too dry that it bled.'

'auntie, you should take a rest. it is already two o'clock,' sungjoo suggested. 'we will stay here and take care of hanseul.'

'kids, auntie is fine. it's just...' she shook her head and swallowed her hiccups.

'hanseul will be fine,' taehyung cooed.

03:09

taehyung and sungjoo didn't sleep a wink, even though they dimmed the lights after hanseul's mother left.

the only sound audible was the slow hum of the humidifier and ticking of the clock.

sungjoo only took a little nap because taehyung had been nagging her to. the girl was already fatigue from her part time job, but she was stubborn.

07:15

it was already seven when taehyung decided to take a walk, buy some hot coffee and breakfast, in case the girls wake up.

he carefully took away his overcoat around her shoulders and replaced it with a small blanket he found in the cabinet. a light on the beside table aroused his attention and he spotted hanseul's phone.

he turned off the buzzing alarm immediately, not wanting to awake both sleeping girls. his tired eyes squinted in concentration as they landed on the screen full of notifications.

are you awake? call me wh...

and i forgot to call you ear...

suddenly something happ...

hanseul i'm sorry.

at the end i couldn't come...

hey

taehyung hissed in anger. he could feel his blood boiling furiously inside him. he just didn't know what he could do to help his friend. hanseul had always love him for sure. no matter how many times he had hurt her, she kept on watching him like a guardian angel.

'it is not worth it,' he flopped back down the chair, once again feeling sorry and troubled for her. she totally deserves more, but she keeps on hurting herself.

he felt a warm touch on his hand. sungjoo rubbed her eyes and looked at him. 'what happened? you don't look good, tae.'

he at once shook his head and showed her the phone, not caring about hanseul's privacy or minding his own business whatsoever. he was too heated to think anymore.

he took out his phone and scrolled through his contacts. he found the right person and hesitated for a while.

sungjoo returned the device back to its place and silently watched the boy beside her.

finally taehyung took a deep breath and pressed dial. it rang for a few seconds, and on the third ring, the receiver answered.

'hello?'

'it's taehyung. let's talk.'

~

ho—

i hope i didn't crash your v day mood with this interlude but then...

that means we are alrdy half way through! :)

i hope this also explains to you why the previous chapter was cut off at the end

thank you so much for the love <3

-beep beep