date

160409
saturday
02:00 pm

she ran out of the subway station and looked at her wristwatch. she arrived just on time.

outside the station were two large cherry blossom trees. the wind blew, and the petals fell graciously to the ground.

a soft tug at her hand made her turn her head away from the pretty scenery, her fingers immediately interlaced with his. he smiled warmly, taking off a petal stuck in her silky hair.

"let's go." and she nodded happily. he hadn't told her what they were going to do yet, only slowly walking along the streets.

when he asked her to go out the day before, she wondered why and came up with a few possible reasons. nothing seemed right, and she was only more confused.

02:15 pm

they began walking up a slope in the neighbourhood, with green trees and bicycle paths at two sides. the soft breeze blew, rattling the tree leaves. she was still curious where he would bring her but he refused to tell her until they reached their destination.

there was a small path extending into the lineup of trees when they almost reached the top, and he gently pulled her to the side. "we are almost there," he said confidently, leading her inside.

the path was bumpy, lined with little white pebbles and artistic wooden barriers. the green trees were becoming less and less, and soon gone. the sight of a clear pond with fishes swimming in it welcomed them.

a smile widened at the beautiful picture, and he grinned, capturing her cute expression he knew that he would miss.

the aroma of fresh brewed coffee soon took over as they entered the green house themed café. they ordered what they wanted and he brought her to the garden behind the green house.

white benches were placed under the circle of cherry blossom trees, pink and white petals decorated the floor with a thin layer of pebbles over the mud. he let her choose her desired location and sat down, finally releasing her hand.

she looked up at the trees admiring them, her cheeks nearly getting cramps from smiling too much. he took out his phone and stole a few snaps of her. "take properly, dummy." she posted for the camera and he grinned, looking at her from the screen. he knew that he would treasure her smile, he would miss it and would view her pictures from time to time.

02:37 pm

"how did you discover this place?" she wanted to know. the café had some customers, but it didn't have many promotions outside. she would have known if they did.

"i always come here after saeyeon left. she told me that she wanted to bring you here."

her eyes dropped, feeling sad as she imagined her best friend taking her to a beautiful place like that, if she hadn't kill herself. "as if it was my secret garden, i thought a lot when i was here. i think i knew why she told me about this but never bring you here."

"hanseul, give me your phone," he changed the topic and stretched his palms. she gave him her phone and watched him opened the camera app. they took a few pictures and their orders came.

happily enjoying the moment they rarely shared, he silently watched her, feeling the bittersweet emotions springing up inside him. he had something to tell her, but he wouldn't want to, at the same time.

he knew how his feelings were since day one. he knew how he made the wrong choice and ruined everything. he also knew how her feelings are for him, but he knew he couldn't give her more.

"thank you for not giving up on me at the end," he said quietly, his eyes lowered as he had no courage to meet her eyes.

she stopped eating and turned her eyes on him, watching her friend dearly, remembering his features. his long eyes, his small nose and his full lips which always have the prettiest smile, everything. she instantly knew he deserved to be happy like anyone else, and regretted saying harsh things to him when he needed support the most. "i'm glad that you need me too."

"hanseul i—"

"we will forever be friends right?" she smiled, cutting him off. his sad eyes told her that he had something in mind, but she didn't want to know.

he shook his head, tears slowly sliding down his cheeks. he couldn't be selfish and keep her waiting. he knew that he had to tell her that he loves her, but he probably shouldn't. "friends..."

she wiped away his tears, her own eyes became ready at the sight. she thought he was no longer upset, so she was frustrated and confused at the same time. "hanseul, i hope you can come tomorrow."

"where?" his tears didn't stop.

he grabbed her hand and put it to his chest, hugging it tight. "i'm leaving tomorrow, hanseul. i hope you can send me off, so i can come back remembering you."

she nodded eagerly, telling him that she would be there for him. she took a deep breath and held it, swallowing down the tears. pulling him into a hug, she drew soft circles on his back.

"please give me some time."

"know that i'm always here."

~

/facepalm/ wat did i just write
btw anyone alrdy figured out the boy yet? i've seen people making the right guess