Chapter 5-The Party

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 5-The Party

Katerina Kolosov's POV

"Kat, did you ever think that maybe my brother would be interested in you?" Lexi teased and I shook my head vigorously.

"No. Of course not. He just likes to mess with me." I stated forcefully and decided to leave my unruly mess of curls the way they were. "After all it's his unofficial job of being my god brother."

Lexi snorted and shrugged as she applied lipgloss. "Right, well if you guys ever got together, I wouldn't mind."

That made me stop applying my eyeliner. This wasn't the first time Lexi insinuated something like this. I narrowed my eyes and scrutinised her through the mirror. "Well I would. Look Lex, I can't stand your brother Raphael alright?"

Lexi laugher and shrugged, "Alright, but you do know that there's a thin line between love and hate?"

My only response was to scowl at her leaving her to explode in more laughter. I ignored her and quickly slipped on a royal blue tank top and dark jeans with a leather jacket and my favourite black heels.

I fluffed up curls before scrutinising my appearance and when I was finally satisfied, I turned to Lexi to see her slipping on a black strapless mini dress with white heels.

I let out a whistle and leaned against the wall, and commented slyly, "Wow, if only a Trevor Henderson could see you now."

"Shut up Kat." Lexi retorted and avoided my gaze before pulling her hair into a ponytail. I smirked to myself before heading out of the dormitory with her following behind me.

Honestly, the thought of Raphael Doukas coming to the party had crossed my mind. But what were the actual chances of that happening? Raphael had graduated from college a year early due to him excelling so well and he couldn't possibly know the venue of the party and who was hosting it.

So I could say I would be safe. Earlier today, I could feel him scrutinising me at the office but I chose to ignore him. Apparently the restaurant that we would be working on together had faced bankruptcy even though it was a well known one.

Raphael's father had bought over the restaurant and decided to co-own it with my dad. Both of them had decided to change the management and theme of it as well and I had opted for it to have a Parisienne theme of sorts with Raphael agreeing. Strangely, the doings of this business thing wasn't that bad like I had imagined.

It wasn't dry or boring like I had originally thought but it was rather interesting. And I was mildly surprised by that. The whole day, Raphael had been studying me. The good thing was that he wasn't trying anything funny like yesterday at the cafe with his leg. The bad thing was that I could hardly concentrate with that steady intense gaze on me for almost the whole day.

It was difficult pretending that he was not just sitting opposite me considering that his heady scent of cologne and domineering presence filled up my entire office. It was almost impossible to ignore him, but I managed. Barely.