Chapter 23-The Shock

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 23-The Shock

Katerina Kolosov's POV

I sighed and traced invisible circles on the reports listlessly, not a single word was entering my head as the meeting went on. I didn't know why I was feeling this way. It wasn't as if I was in love with Raphael. Ever since that night, everything went downhill.

The meeting dragged on and soon enough, it ended and I left for home. Because of that incident, I went home for the night even thoughI had college on Mondays to Wednesdays. Some would say that I was a coward, not wanting to face Lexi when everything between Raphael and I went South.

All I could say was that they were right.

I didn't know how to face Lexi after I supposedly broke her brother's heart. It has been about a week since that Friday night where Raphael and I had a big falling out after he said those words to me.

At the thought of that, my heart ached and I sucked in a breath as my eyes threatened to well up in tears. Pressing my lips together in a mulish line, I forced all my emotions back and drove home.

I was sure my parents knew that something had happened between Raphael and I but I didn't think they knew exactly what had happened. For once, dad didn't mention anything nor shoved his nose and tried to pry what had happened from me. Mom didn't say anything even though she realised I was mostly moping about at home.

And I was grateful that my family was leaving me alone. For now. Even though my parents were giving me space, I would not be surprised if sooner or later, they would start demanding for answers. In fact, it also wouldn't be a surprise if they actually knew.

Mortification crept up on me at the thought of Raphael's family thinking I was some sort of tram breaking his heart. I chewed on my lower lip and I longed for his comforting and reassuring words that I was fine just the way I was.

After parking my car, I entered the house to see that my parents were preparing dinner together and my siblings were probably still in school. Not wanting to have a conversation with them, I hurried up the stairs and towards my bedroom and dumped my bag on my desk and quickly took a shower.

Immediately, thoughts about that night filled my mind. On how Raphael and I fit perfectly, how I enjoyed the evening - not because of the sex we had, but because of his company and how we could talk about anything to everything.

Chewing on my lower lip, the ache in my chest intensified as the memory of what happened after entered my brain. Quickly getting out of the shower, I dried and dressed myself as the thoughts and memories swam through my head of that disastrous night.

One week ago:

"Katerina, I love you."

My eyes widened in shock and I swear that my heart felt like it was doing multiple flips. If I didn't know better, I swear that it felt like I was having a heart attack.