Chapter 24-The Counselling Session

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 24-The Counselling Session

Katerina Kolosov's POV

Saturday passed with the similar motion like Friday. I was barely functioning and the thought of me screwing up whatever that was between Raphael and I was killing me.

What if things were irreparably destroyed between us? I shut my eyes as fresh pain laced throughout my body and I bit back a sob as tears threatened to roll down my face again.

My family had left me alone and even Sebastian was being extremely nice, leaving a plate of brownies with a scoop of ice-cream on the top outside my door. Not that it helped considering Buffy got her snout into it before I could. However, I appreciated it.

It was nice to know that despite being his obnoxious fourteen year old self, my brother was capable of being nice.

Lexi had been calling me at least every hour, most probably demanding to know what was going on. Not that I answered, seeing that I was too afraid of her reaction and response of me breaking her brother's heart.

Mournfully, I realised that I was going to lose Lexi's friendship along with the amazing relationship I had with Raphael. Not to mention, I was probably destroying the friendship between my parents and Lexi's.

Groaning, I smacked myself inwardly for not staying away from Raphael. I should have known that I was going to mess up and ruin everything. Why couldn't I have stayed away from Raphael? Regret and anger aimed at myself simmered and I hated myself for causing so much problems for my parents.

Apparently, I had been too caught up in my thoughts of self-loathing to notice that my bedroom door opened and someone stepped in.

"Kitty Kat?"

I looked up to see my father stepping into my room cautiously while eyeing my warily. "Is everything alright?" He questioned awkwardly and I sniffled and nodded my head, the lie of me being fine ready to slip out of my mouth until my dad interrupted.

"Don't lie. You're terrible at it. You clearly got it from your mother's side. You're obviously not fine."

I bit back a watery laugh and rolled my eyes. "If you already know I'm not alright, why bother asking?"

Dad sighed and sat beside me on the bed while eyeing the wadded up tissues littered on my bed with distaste. "It's a conversation opener." He answered honestly and another laugh escaped me.

Despite how sombre the atmosphere was, my dad never failed to make me laugh with his direct words and dry humour. And this was another example.

"Now that we've got that done, Kat how are you? It hasn't escaped our notice that you've not been...fine." My father questioned, his blue eyes studying me carefully.