Chapter 25- The Attempt

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 25-The Attempt 

Katerina Kolosov's POV

Taking in a huge breath, I exhaled and stared up at the building in front of me.

It was time.

Time for me to finally set things right between Raphael and I. I tucked a stray curl behind my ear and shouldered my bag. I knew it was my fault that everything had gone wrong. But in my defence, it also wasn't right for Raphael to demand from me those three words.

And thinking about it, at that time, I still wasn't too sure about how I felt about him. Seeing that we were only together for about five months, I couldn't see how we could be in love with each other. It just wasn't logical. But like my dad had pointed out, we had known each other since we were kids, well more like toddlers.

Thus, the reason why I was here. Ever since the falling out we had about two weeks ago, I hadn't seen Raphael at my dad's office. Lexi had filled me in that he was avoiding me and had been holing up in the Doukas building instead.

Yes, Lexi and I were alright. Instead of my initial thoughts of her siding with her brother, she had remained neutral, hoping that we could patch things up and get back together. Hence, her trying to do everything to fix us back.

"Jesus Kat! Yes! My brother misses you! He's moping over you and its really annoying. Fix it!" Lexi had groaned as she entered my bedroom.

"Really?" I asked hopefully and Lexi responded by hitting me in the face with one of my pillows. "Yes dummy! Fix it! He's driving me and Roman mad!"

I smiled at that memory before straightening my posture and stepped into the building. Informing the receptionist I had an appointment with Raphael - which Adrianna had helped to arrange without Raphael's knowledge - and soon enough I was just standing in front of a door that was separating Raphael and me.

Inhaling and exhaling, I tilted my chin up and knocked once. Hearing the voice telling me to come in, I opened the door and leaned against the doorway to see that Raphael had not looked up to see who was at his door.

"Yes, how-"

He started but cut himself off when he spotted me. His expression was one of surprise and longing before he quickly raised his walls up. I could feel his gaze roving over me as a moment of silence passed.

Looking at him, I could see that he was his appearance was immaculate as usual. As always, his blonde hair was tousled messily and his suit was well fitted to his form.

"Katerina, what are you doing here?" He finally asked and I cleared my throat before fidgeting with the strap of my shoulder bag nervously. Hoping that he wouldn't notice and that he wouldn't turn me away, I chewed on my lower lip before replying.

"Hey, I just wanted to see you." I offered lamely and instantly, I was hitting myself on the head for how ridiculous I was being. This was incredibly awkward. I cursed inwardly and chewed on my lower lip.