Chapter 15-The Gathering

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 15-The Gathering

Raphael Doukas' POV

"Well, I had known that this was coming. We all have expected it. She seems to be the only girl you dated that can keep you on your toes." My twin remarked casually and I ignored his jibe.

I didn't spare him a glance as I asked and texted Katerina. "Where's Lexi? Are we driving her? Or is she going on her own?"

Want me to fetch you? I pressed and waited for her reply. "No, she's with Katerina. They would be going together."

I grunted in response and waited impatiently for my phone to light up even though I already knew that she didn't need me to drive her there. Why the heck wasn't she texting me back immediately? Most girls did that. Why wasn't Katerina doing so?

The screen of my phone lighted up and I eagerly read the message, unfortunately, it was just my mother telling me to be on time. Frowning, I replied with a 'yes'.

"I have to admit that I've never seen you so enamoured with a girl." Roman commented as he studied me while buttoning his shirt.

I gave him a flat look and turned back to my phone, wanting to text her again but yet not wanting to look desperate. "Go away Roman." I replied nonchalantly.

"Honest." Roman said dryly and raked his hands through his hair. Just then my phone lighted up and I looked down eagerly to stop and stare at the single word. No.

"What's got your face twisted into that?"

"None of your business." I said roughly and texted back quickly. That's all you got to say?

Immediately, I wanted to take those words back because they sure as hell made me look desperate. A few seconds passed and Katerina replied. And again, with a single word. Yes.

She had to be kidding couldn't she? Just two measly words? I hurriedly texted back, impulsiveness danced in my veins and without thinking, I typed. Are you sure?

This time, she responded quickly. Busy. Talk later.

I gaped at my phone and stared at it disbelievingly. Had I just been dismissed by my own girlfriend? And was whatever she was busy with more important than me?

"If Kat makes you look like that more often, she's welcomed into the family even though she already is." Roman spoke, amusement lighting up in his tone while I shot him a deadly glare.

Standing up and shoving my phone in my pocket, I ignored Roman's laugh and exited the apartment we shared. "Let's go." I grumbled out.

***

Laughing and murmuring could be heard as we entered the Henderson estate. Unlike the last time, the regular dinner get togethers were at Trevor and Savannah's home instead of Katerina's.