Chapter 13 ~Gasp for air~

•Nellie's POV•

It's been a few weeks since Sadie and Sebastian were born and word has gotten out about it. I haven't talked to Klaus since that day, I even moved out and into the Salvatore Boarding house again. At the moment I was trying to get ahold of Klaus but it wasn't working. I sighed and got up heading upstairs to talk to Damon.

"Hello brother." I say to him leaning on the door frame. He looks up from sleeping on his desk. "Hello sister." He says standing up. I walk towards him and hug him. "I miss him Dam Dam." I say starting to tear up. He hugs me back and rubs his hand up and down my back, "He's a bastard. Don't get hung up on him." He says to me. I giggle softly and look up at him, "That's true, but not the second part." I tell him looking down.

"Why not Nell Bell? There's many vampires out there that would love to have you on their arm." He says encouragingly. I shake my head, "Damon, he's the love of my life. I'm alive for eternity so this doesn't help." I say walking towards the door.

"Try to get over him, or just go to the mansion and talk to him." He said walking towards his bathroom. "Ok I'll t-" I'm cut off by ruckus coming from the baby room. My eyes go wide and I run up their not having being turned back into a vampire again.

I see the cribs rocking back and forth and stuff is thrown all over the room. I go to the cribs and don't see my babies and I drop to my knees sobbing. "No! This can't be happening!" I yell sobbing. (I started crying writing this.) I feel arms wrap around my body and take me out of the room to the couch.

"Shhh, it's okay. We'll find them." A girls voice comes to my ears. I look up and see Rebeccah and I start sobbing more, her reminding me of Nik. I calm down within minutes and I'm laying there staring at a wall with small tears running down my face.

Damon and Stefan have called the whole gang over and they all are looking at me worriedly. "Is she going to be okay?" Someone asked. I snap my bloodshot eyes to the entrance and see Klaus standing there smirking. I get up angrily and walk over to him, then slap him across the face. Hard.

His head flew to the side and he scoffed. "I deserved that." He said looking at me. I glare at him and grab the nearest chair breaking the leg with my human strength. "Your gonna regret hurting me." I tell him growling. I then run and jump at him staking him in the heart, even though it will only knock him out. I get off him and walk towards the door.

"I'm going to find my children now, don't bother to join me." I say and walk out the door. I then see a trail of blood into the woods and I follow it until it stops in the middle of a field. "What the hell?" I mumble under my breathe.

•Mystery POV•

Did they really think they could get rid of me that easily? I know I did the right thing, packing up and leaving. I just didn't want her to get hurt; but I do want Nellie to get hurt. That's why I kidnapped the hybrids offspring.

I cut the girls wrist and made a line of blood into the field where a bunch of witches were birdies and then I healed the child. "Those lucky bastards aren't going to be so lucky this time." I mumbled under my breathe and sped away with the babies. This is going to be fun.

•Nellie's POV•

I look around and see a bump in the dirt, then another, and then another. My eyes go wide as I realize this was a trap. I start to back up and then I fall to the ground, not able to breathe. I grab my throat and gasp for air.

I keep hearing people whispering 'die' and I crawl towards the tree line. I get stopped when I'm almost free by a weed wrapping around my ankles. I start bawling and claw at my neck trying to get air still. All of a sudden I hear someone yelling and I make a strangled noise and lay on the ground gasping for air.

"Oh my god! Nellie!" I hear the person yell. I peak through my eyelashes and see Elijah running towards me. He steps on the field and is unaffected by the damned witches. "I'm going to get you out of here. Stay awake." He says to me. I nod and lay there. Soon he picks me up and speeds me off the field.

I start coughing as air fills my lungs and I collapse against him. I look at my ankles and see they are bloody and ripped up. "Oh my god." I say with a raspy voice. I lean down and touch the ripped skin, "What the hell was that for you ungrateful bitches!?" I yell to the field.

I hear laughing and I sigh, knowing they could still hurt me right here. I get up and try to walk but fail right away because of the condition of my ankles. I look at Elijah innocently as he chuckles and picks me up. "Your lucky my brother loves you." He says and speeds us to the house.

I sigh as he sets me on the couch. "Change me back." I tell him. He looks at me confused. "Elijah, please. Change me back to how I was before." I tell him hinting. He nods and bites his wrist. "Drink." He says. I take his wrist eagerly and drink his blood. All of a sudden her snaps my neck and I gasp, falling to the floor dead.

++++++++

Hey guys!

So this chapter was eventful...

QOTD: Should they find the kids or should the kids be raised by someone else and they come along a lot later in the book?

AOTD: it's up to you.

See you in the next chapter!

-B