Chapter 7: The ride with Dr. Queen...

The ride to the campus was silent since I didn't want to speak to Dr. Queen. After our conversation in the kitchen he went to get dressed and while heading back downstairs he caught me trying to make my way out the door. So after dragging me to the car and shoving me inside, I'm on my way to school being driven by my professor.

"Are you going to speak to me Serene?" he asked glancing over to me then back on the road.

I didn't say anything but just put my earbuds in my ears and turned on my Ipod. I wasn't going to listen or speak to him.

I heard him sigh as he continued to drive . "It is very rude to ignore an adult when they are speaking to you Ms. Quinones." he grunted but I continued to ignore him.

Before I knew it, he abruptly pulled the car over to a side street making me hit my temple against the side window.

"Ow... what the hell is wrong with you?!" I screamed and glared at him while touching my temple because it hurt.

His hands gripped the steering wheel making his knuckles white while his jaw clenched. He didn't say a word just stared out the windshield.

"Hello? I'm talking to you... you crazy, self-centered...!" I started shouting until he grabbed me by the back of my neck pulling me inches away from his face.

"You need to learn some respect Ms. Quinones. And I will be the one to teach you." he gritted through clenched teeth.

I stared into his cold icy blue eyes that bore into mine. If it were another situation I wouldn't had minded him staring at me. His eyes are beautiful and any woman would lose herself in them... but at this moment, they looked angry and deadly.

"Let go of me

"Let go of me." I said trying to wriggle myself from his grip but the more I moved the harder he squeezed.

"I will not, until you learn to speak to me like an adult and learn to respect me. I'm not one of these immature college boys that you can speak too in any manner and then get away with it. Do.You.Understand?" he spat squeezing the back of my neck tighter.

I flinched from the pain not saying anything. "Do.You.Understand?" he gritted again.

I nodded my head yes. "Use your words Ms. Quinones... yes or no?" he asked.

"Y-yes." I stutter. I didn't want to sound weak but I was afraid he would squeeze my neck harder causing me to pass out.

He looked in between my eyes to make sure I was telling the truth then smirked bringing his hand up towards my cheek making me flinch again. I wasn't sure he would hit me or not.

He noticed it. "My little Serene... I would never hurt you. Intentionally of course... as long as you listen to me and do what I ask... you will be alright. My Serene..." he whispered in my ear caressing my cheek.