Skia | IV

"Typical."

The light hit Nico like whiplash; fast, quick, and totally unexpected. He tumbled backwards off the chair as screams of the students resonated off the walls of the Great Hall. His senses went to overdrive, attempting to get a grip on the scene. First, he thought, what the Hera happened to my eyes?! Abruptly, he heard a projectile launch at him in the air. The Son of Hades' battle reflexes turned on as he rolled away. He sprung straight up, narrowly missing another... what was that? Through all the calamity he couldn't tell, having to dodge through the knives or arrows (he assumed it was that, anyways.) Nico continued to move, but without his sense of sight, he was constantly hitting things and people. Well, he hoped it was a person, anyway. He was tempted to shadow travel, but that would have to mean he would be exposed and possibly abort the quest. He definitely couldn't do that. The quest would be put at risk; if anything, he'd avoid that as much as possible.

He needed to find the Wizard. Harry Potter - that was the Chosen One's name. Hopefully, by now, the wizard would maybe see that it wasn't such a good thing. Or maybe... he already had.

Focus, he echoed in his mind as he blindly fell to the ground to the left, only memory serving as a guide. If he was right - rarely so - then... He sat up against the Slytherin end of the table, and irony engraved itself in his brain. Think of a plan... Nico bit his lip as screams could still be heard. He didn't want to see what exactly was going on - why weren't the professors attacking? They could be... but it wouldn't work against the creature. His mind slowly formed a plan like clockwork and Nico almost groaned at himself. The creature couldn't be from the wizardly world then. It had to be from his world. The Demigod World. This quest was simple as pie. If the creature was from the Demigod -

"Hey, are you alright?" Nico snapped his head to the left - a bit too quickly as he winced - his vision slowly repairing the white fragments of the world. A wizard, glasses, and... a lightning scar.

Nico made a note to self to pay more attention to Tyche.

Nico closed his eyes briefly before opening them and nodding to Harry. Said person relaxed but tensed as he looked over at the other table nervously. Why? The creature was at the front of the hall... Nico's vision trailed over to see a witch and a wizard hiding behind the Gryffindor table. Oh. Hermione, was her name? And Ron. The creature was moving closer to the two - the horrible hybrid it was. It moved like a snake, but hardly looked as so. The beady, swirling red eyes clashed horribly with it's eroding speckled brown on black fur, with golden on it's paws, as if a Griffon. It's form kept glitching in and out, from a Human looking one to the form it was in. Hybrid, was all Nico could call it.

"What is it...?" Harry muttered under his breath and Nico almost thought he was talking to him. Was he? Harry's hand was wrapped around a wand, and Nico had a split second to grab onto Harry's arm and yank him back.

The Hybrid laughed in the darkness, waving it's wand around as Nico managed to pull Harry back last second into position as a spell - who knew what of - shot into his direction. "Are you an idiot?" Nico hissed, half focusing on the Hybrid and Harry.

Harry narrowed his eyes, but looked away. "They're my friends. I can't just leave them."

"Obviously!" Nico snapped, ducking when the Hybrid looked over at their direction. Idiot. No use getting worked up over something so small.

"What do you suggest then?" It was Harry's turn to snap at Nico, his eyes burning with anger. Angry at him, or the Hybrid?

"Your spells won't work -"

"My spells?"

"We'll have to go for an offensive attack. Or trick it, atleast..." Harry looked at Nico like he was some sort of weird alien creature. Not like he needed to be reminded of that, but thanks anyways...

"And how," Harry gestured to the Hybrid, who was slithering in their direction at a faster pace, "Do you suggest that!?"

Nico paused, mind flickering to the light draining Styx Sword at his side, thrumming with power. He... He could use the sword against the Hybrid. But just attacking it wouldn't work.. Harry would have to distract it.

Nico couldn't afford it.

The wizard was much to important to the mission. He could just tell him to stay here... But Nico could see the gleam in Harry's eyes that fought every second. No wonder he was the Chosen One.

"I don't know you," Nico trailed his hand to the hidden Styx sword underneath, stopping abruptly, "But I know enough that you will be able to defend yourself. Even without your magic."

Harry frowned at Nico, face grim. "What do you want me to-"

"Let's not play HiDe and gO Seek any longer, children..." A voice hissed into Nico's ear as he dove back and away, vision blurring with green as something was cast towards them. Gods above, where was the Hybrid! Nico scurried up, grabbing the Styx sword's hilt as something moved toward him. The Hybrid. He broke out into a run, jumping above the tables as screams from the students under continued. Nico risked a look backwards and swore as he forced himself to the side, avoiding the spell (Avada Kedava!) and hitting the Hufflepuff table. His leg rang in pain as he stumbled, almost stepping on students along the way. The Hybrid stood, hissing in Creature form and switching to Human, arms raised for a spell.

"Escape this, Demigod Scum-"

"Move! AVIS OPPUNGNO!" Nico launched himself to the other side of the table as Harry's voice screamed from across the room. A spawn of birds appeared, diving at the Hybrid with incredible speed, beaks gleaming in the darkness. Were those... Stymphalian? Nico bit his lip at an attempt to focus as he breathed in deeply as the Hybrid shrieked and knocked the birds one by one. Nico grasped the Styx Sword out of his pocket and looked across the word, seeing Harry narrowly dodge a desperate casting from the Hybrid.

"How dare you mortals!" The Hybrid slashed it's claws downwards, now a weird, literal Hybrid between the Human and the Creature. It had a human form, but fur darker than night with brown covered where skin should be, and claws gleamed from the light. And it's eyes... Nico avoided them with a passion even when it stared right at him. "Son of Hades, let it be known - You will fail to protect the Love-bound, and they will shatter in Grief. Beknown, you will not be able to protect them! You SHALL FAIL!"

The Hybrid turned towards the Gryffindor Table, it's wand raised at the lone Wizard. Only then, did Nico realize too late. Only then, did he realize Harry Potter was going to die.

No! No, no, no, no Harry had to live! He couldn't, Nico wouldn't -

A green light shot towards Harry as Nico screamed.

"SKIA!"