Chapter 7

Marinette awoke to the sound of a tiny voice calling her name. She groaned and opened her eyes. Floating in front of her was Tikki.

"Rise and shine, Marinette!" she exclaimed excitedly.

Marinette checked out the window; it was still very dark outside. "It's practically night out," she complained groggily.

"It's only 4 a.m.," Tikki dismissed casually.

Marinette sat up and yawned. "But I don't go into work until 9 a.m."

"Which is why I woke you up extra early!"

"Right," Marinette replied slowly. Her eyes drifted close. "Just... five more... minutes." She slowly fell back onto her bed.

"Marinette," Tikki mumbled. When there was no response, Tikki groaned and flew right up next to her ear. "MARINETTE!"

Her eyes immediately opened and she sat up as straight as a nail. "I'm up!" she shouted.

"Let's go," Tikki pushed, tugging on Marinette's shirt. the

"Okay, okay," Marinette said, getting to her feet.

"Get a nice breakfast because we're training!" Tikki announced with a smile.

*

"Just focus on the loaf of bread," Tikki said. The two were currently training in the yard behind Marinette's cottage.

"This is my only loaf of bread!" Ladybug exclaimed. "What if I ruin it?"

"We've been practicing for 3 hours, you can do this!"

Ladybug nodded and then narrowed her eyes at the loaf of bread. She then chucked her yoyo at it. It ricocheted off the ground and nearly hit Ladybug. She yelped in surprise.

"Focus! You can do this!"

"Okay." Ladybug slowly breathed in and gripped her yoyo confidently. She exhaled and focused on the loaf. Just a simple flick of the wrist and the yoyo should go where she wants it to go. Focus.

Ladybug brought back her arm and quickly flicked her yoyo at the loaf of bread. It successfully wrapped around it. "Yes!" she exclaimed. She pulled back her elbow and brought the loaf over to her.

"Good job!" Tikki cheered. "Now try something heavier. Like that rock."

"Okay," Ladybug nodded, locating the small grey rock. She threw her yoyo at the rock, the string wrapped around it, and she brought her elbow back, tugging the rock along as well.

"Well done," Tikki said. "Looks like you've got it down. Now you just need to know how to use your yoyo to move quickly from place to place. And to spin it so fast it becomes a shield."

"Right," Ladybug sighed.

*

Nine o'clock quickly came and Marinette had to end her training for the day. She tied on her apron as she smiled at Tikki.

"Thanks for teaching me one of the ways of using my yoyo," Marinette laughed.

"No problem," Tikki nodded. "We'll learn the next way tomorrow. You're a quick learner! No wonder you were chosen as the next Ladybug."