Chapter 9

Marinette sat Adrien down on a stool and then began rummaging through her busted up wardrobe, throwing clothes here and there.

"Let's see... boy clothes, boy clothes..." Marinette scanned, frantically flipping past clothing items. Her eyes lit up and she stopped. "Here we go."

Marinette pulled out a long, brown tunic with holes in it. She smiled. "Perfect."

She tossed the tunic on her bed and continued rummaging through the closet until she found a black pair of slacks.

She presented the items to Prince Adrien. He smiled nervously. "They look... nice," he complimented wearily.

"I bet," Marinette mused.

"I don't mean to sound rude, but do you normally keep around boy clothing?" Adrien asked curiously.

"No... I mean, yes... Well-- I made them. And then ripped them up. On purpose," Marinette replied frantically.

"Why?"

Marinette laughed and scratched the back of her head. "You know... just in case?"

Adrien laughed and stood up. As Marinette handed him the clothes, their hands touched for a brief second. Marinette's cheeks heated up slightly.

Adrien smiled warmly and thanked her. She nodded and then began cleaning up the room which was piled with rejected clothes.

"After you get dressed I'm gonna have to go back to the forest to get my basket," Marinette said. "If Alya found out I lied to her, she'd be..."

Marinette trailed off as she glanced up at Adrien. He was busy taking his fancy vest off and underneath it revealed a set of abs. Looks like he had a lot of free time. Adrien glanced up at her and tilted his head.

"Oh, sorry. What were you saying?"

Marinette jumped in shock, realizing that she was staring. She blushed immensely and cleared her throat.

"U-Uh, nothing. Sorry," Marinette stuttered. She folded her clothes to avoid conversation.

Adrien proceeded putting on the peasant clothing. After a few minutes, Marinette called out to him.

"Are you finished?" she asked, not wanting to turn around at the wrong time.

"Yes," Adrien said.

Marinette turned around and gazed at the new Adrien.

He was wearing the peasant clothing perfectly. He could easily blend into the villagers. Adrien smiled. "How do I look?"

"G-Great," Marinette smiled. She then scratched her chin as she looked closely at him. "Hold on. I think I could add something."

Marinette scurried over to her bed and reached her hand underneath it. She pulled out a pair of glasses that were slightly covered with dust.

"Voila!" she chimed. "These are glasses my friend Alya accidentally left here. I meant to give them back to her but had always forgot to."

Marinette gently placed the glasses on Adrien's nose and he blinked a few times, trying to adjust his eyesight to the new vision. Marinette giggled.