Chapter 19

Ladybug never would've thought things would go downhill so quickly.

The King and Prince knew her identity. But Ladybug wasn't so worried that Adrien knew. She was more concerned with the King. He was out to execute the villagers. Things were not looking good.

If Ladybug hadn't revealed her identity, surely she would've died as Marinette. Then Adrien would've been forced to marry Chloe, her village would've been demolished, and Ladybug would've no longer existed. So really, it was the only thing she could've done.

But now, now it was war.

Ladybug had support from about 50 guards that were betrayed by the King. But she knew that number was nothing compared to the hundreds the King still had under his power.

She would do anything she could to protect her village.

Ladybug stood outside the castle gate with guards scattered about. The sky was dark and ominous. She scratched her chin, devising a plan as quickly as possible. A storm was on the way.

"We need to find the King's weak spot," Ladybug said, slamming a balled fist into her palm.

"I say we go full force," a guard yelled out.

"No, he'll expect that," Ladybug replied.

"He'll expect a secret attack too," another guard mumbled.

Chat jumped in out of nowhere besides Ladybug, panting heavily. Ladybug raised her eyebrow.

"Where have you been lately, kitty cat?"

"Busy saving the world," Chat shrugged.

"Without me?"

Chat's eyes widened when he noticed that Ladybug wasn't showing any sign of humor.

"Uh, I-"

"Never mind," Ladybug mumbled. "The King is going to attack this nearby village and I need your help."

"Got it," Chat replied. He cracked his knuckles and began walking forward. "How about we just go right into this?"

Ladybug grabbed Chat's tail and held him back. "Not so fast. We can't just attack him full force. He has an army!"

Ladybug thought for a few more seconds before a plan entered her mind. She smiled. "I think I've got something." She gestured for everyone to circle around her and she began relaying the plan to them.

*

A rain drop rolled down her soft cheek. She wiped it away and looked up into the sky.

"Looks like it's gonna rain," Alya observed, frowning. She set her basket full of crops down and looked out into the distance.

Nino scoffed, joining her. "Figures. The moment we get everything squared away in the fields, it decides to rain."

Alya then gasped, cupping a hand over her ear. "Nino! Do you hear that?"

"Yeah, the sound of my hopes and dreams crumbling to pieces," Nino mumbled, crossing his arms.

"No," Alya replied, fixing her hearing in on the distant sound of horse hooves clattering on the gravel. Her eyes widened and her heart sank.