Chapter 5: Unexpected Experiment

After another moment, she placed her bookmark along the pages and closed the book before turning off the lights. I looked at her, kind of hurt, but shrugged it off (You've been doing a lot of shrugging, recently) and leaned back to comfort my aching back.

"Goodnight....Alice," I mumbled, my sight growing hazy.

"Goodnight, hun," I heard her respond. I smiled, and with that, fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~Continued~~~~~~~~~~

Your P.O.V//First P.O.V

           BUZZ BUZZ

           What was that?

          BUZZZZ 

           Finally, I forcefully opened my eyes, noticing that the strange sound was coming from next to me. I turned onto my side and peered at the source before jerking up wildly before being forcefully pressed back down by the leather restraints that hooked me in place. My eyes darted hastily across the room, it was a complete mess, filled with mysterious creatures and gadgets that made me gag, thick bile creeping up my throat like a spider.

           "Hello?" I called, my voice hinting concern. Where was I, exactly? I paused to look down before letting out a shrill scream. There, attached to my body, were an assortment of tubing that was carelessly hooked onto my belly, as if this person had no concern for my well-being.

           "Warden? Jared? Alice?! JAILBOT?!" I screamed as I struggled to get the leather restraints loose, but to no avail. I hissed, feeling a burning sensation in my wrists as I rest my hissing limbs.

           "Oh, you're awake! Good, good!" a silhouette greeted until he came out from the dark to reveal his identity. I gagged some more and tilted my head to the side to avoid my gaze on the ugly creature, who looked quite similar to a mad scientist......which I thought was quite possible in this situation.

          "Let me go!" I cried and struggled some more. No use. I kept going, though, catching the man off guard.

          "Oh, nein, I can't do that," the person said, "You're quite valuable, I mean, when's the next time I'll get a human girl, huh?"

           "JAILBOT!" I screamed again, shouting only Jailbot's name considering he was the most likely to hear. Nothing came.

           "No use, pumpkin, now lay still as I extract your DNA," the man grinned, holding up a dangerously large syringe, empty just for my blood.