Vacation: Day 2 ; Part 3

A/N: Sorry if the formats off (and the long hiatus), I'm using WordPad so I don't have to worry about Chrome crashing and stuff. Here's a new chapter in apology for my absence from this story. Sorry if it's bad, I'm kind of tired.

     Also: I'm not censoring curse words anymore, so there's that.

     And there's slightly offensive material on here, but that's obvious.

------------------------------

        I sighed, perhaps I'll just skip it altogether and just hang with Alice. Maybe that'd be fine?

"No," I said to myself, "Hopefully they don't take me out at the same time."

I sighed, I'll ignore it for now, all I need to do now is think and eat, not stress about some petty meeting. And hey? Maybe both of them wouldn't mind my absence? Surely they wouldn't get mad or sad . . . right? I only hoped for the best . . .

~~~~~~~~~~Continued~~~~~~~~~~~~​​​​​​​  

     I munched quietly on a plethora of snacks, eyes lost in space. I didn't know what to do, time was running out and I didn't want to get cursed out by dickhead or have a hurtful Warden sulking in his office. But hey? Maybe they wouldn't mind? They'd understand, right?

     I let my head fall onto the table with a painful thunk. I groaned and brought my hand up to my forehead to rub it. The throbbing commenced as well as the already known stress piling up on top.

      Footsteps resounded against the walls and I let out muffled, obscure words as a somewhat greeting. Then I felt a hand on my back.

     I turned my head towards the unknown entity and let my (E/C) eyes glaze over as I saw who it was.

     "What's wrong, girlfriend?" the buff voice of Alice asked in concern. I only shook my head, letting the splinters from the table scrape my face. I didn't care. I was confused.

     She looked at me, thinking of a solution to my demise. She patted my back once, twice, three times, then stopped. I let out a muffled sob.

     Her body twitched from my response and her eyebrows furrowed in question. She leaned down to see my face, but I covered it with my arm to ignore her curious gaze.

     "Just," I choked out, "leave me alone . . ."

      "What's wrong?" she repeated, letting her tough demeanor escape her usual self. She was now a sweet, caring, and understanding person. The one friend I've always wanted. I couldn't help but let out another tear escape my eye and absorb into my uniform.

     I sat up, hissing at my weak state, before my head turned towards my friend, Alice, who looked just as distraught as me. I told her how I felt, the situation at hand, and everything inbetween. I told her that I didn't know what to do, that I was too stressed, and that I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, even though that would probably not be the case, for Stingray, however.

     After I explained the problem, I set my head down, letting the light zephyr coming from the window blow my short hair into an even more tangled mess. I realized I hadn't taken a shower, too, so I plugged my nose in disgust.

     Alice noted my actions and spoke up, "I know what will help you out, babe."

     I shook my head, "What could relieve me of all this fucking stress?"

     Alice gripped my hand, squeezing it, almost crushing my petite fingers with her absurd strength. I knew she was trying to comfort me, so I feigned a smile.

     "Come on, let's wash you up and then we can talk about this later. We have plenty of time," Alice concluded and tugged my hand lightly with hers. She locked our fingers together and led me to the washrooms (in the boat, of course).

---------------------

     Luckily, Alice found a empty washroom for me to use, since all the washrooms are for male inmates only. She let me use it alone, considering I was too shy to allow her to wash with me (plus she was once a guy . . . and kind of still is). 

     The washroom had no towels, but to make up for it, it equipped a large bathtub in the center. No faucets, no showers, just a bathing area.

     I stripped out of my bacteria-ridden uniform and lowered my form into the hot water. I let out a hum of gratitude as the water swallowed up my entire lower half and my chest.

     Then a loud bang was heard on the door.

     Then an unsettling crack echoed across the walls. A thump furthered this sound.

     Undoubtedly disturbed, I got up and quickly rushed into my uniform and headed out the door.

      I let out a shocked and remorseful gasp as I found the body of the inmate, formerly known as ash, keeled over by the wall, blood dripping to the floor.

     I heard the inmate whine a series of 'ow's as my heart shattered into pieces and hatred filled it's gaps.

      "Found this guy try to get into the was-," Alice began but I let an outraged yell and punched her square in the face.

     She crumbled to the ground as her hurt-filled eyes landed onto my fuming form. "How could you?" I exclaimed.

     "First I'm crying out of my mind because of some stupid situation and then to make it all 'better', you fucking punch this innocent person?" I continued, letting my anger get the best of me. "You can't just solve everything with strength!"

     I stopped my little speech, my chest heaving up and down from the adrenaline. My eyes looked down and I realized my mistake. I just punched my best friend.

    My only friend.

     Her betrayed expression soon contorted into hurt as she quickly got up and ran away letting her sobs be known all across the halls. Tears flung from her face, one landing on mine.

     My face twitched from the contact and I reached my hand up to my face to wipe off the salty substance. I didn't know what to think.

     I wiped the tear on my pants and took one final glance at where Alice scurried off. 

"I'm sorry."