26 || You Knew!?

Back to reality, we had arrived home late last night after an amazing dinner out with Ashton's family. It was great to hang out with them on Saturday and Sunday too. We left the city late afternoon on Saturday to make sure we had plenty of time to spend with Ash's family, which was great. We played a game of Heads Up in teams, boys against girls. Ash and Harry complained they were disadvantaged but they still won anyways.

Today was Monday and Ash and I had absolutely nothing planned at all. Ash had been acting a little strange since Saturday. I didn't know if it was because of my Dad or what but I just wanted him to talk to me.

"Hey Ash?" I asked, looking up at him
"Yeah babe?" He asked
"You know you can talk to me, right?" I asked
"I know that, why are you bringing that up?" He asked
"Because you've been acting weird since Saturday when Michael was at the hotel. And then you left and I had to babysit Michael, do you know how stupid I felt? Did you guys have a fight or something?" I asked
"Just drop it Eliza. No we didn't have a fight, I just needed some air" he said
"Then was it about my Dad?" I asked
"Eliza, I said stop it!" He snapped and I jumped. I got out of his arms and got up out of bed.

I walked into the kitchen and turned on the kettle, still having Ashton's button up shirt hung open over my shoulders and a cropped top and shorts underneath. I made myself a coffee and sat at the island to scroll through Twitter. Eventually Ash came out and put his hand on my shoulder, but I shrugged it off.
"Eliza..." He started but I slammed my mug down
"Don't. All I want to know is what has got you so up tight all of a sudden. But I won't have you speak to me like that. You might be angry at whatever is going on, but you don't need to take it out on me" I said and stood up.

"I'm going for a walk" I stated, taking off his shirt and pulled a jacket over my crop top. I pulled my shoes on before walking out the front door, not waiting for a reply from Ashton. I had to get out, he was frustrating me to no end. I just wanted to help him and he acts like that's the worst thing I could possibly do. Im in love with the man, how is that not ok?

I walked down the street and around the corner towards a little park that was about a kilometre from our house. I got there and stood over by the lake, looking out over the water. I tried to take in the sight and forget about what had just happened, but I couldn't help but wonder what his problem was. Why wouldn't he tell me? Was it seriously that bad? God it's not like he's cheating on me..... Is he?

No, Ash would never do that. Well he is famous, but he isn't an asshole. After what Tara did to him, how could he do that? He told me he would never live with himself if he did... Is this his way of not living? I got out my phone and dialled the only other person who could possibly know what happened.

Michael's POV:

Erin had been acting distant since Ashton found out about everything, I can understand why, but why does that have to affect our relationship? I told her everything was fine, but she gave me the same two words, every time, in the same dull tone

"I'm fine"

She's not fine, I know her well enough to know when she isn't ok. She isn't herself, she doesn't smile, she hardly ever eats and all she does is stare at a blank space or go out without me. Today was a prime example of that; she got up and left to go shopping before I even woke up. She usually wakes me or sticks a note to my face. But all I got was a text saying where she was and she'll be home later.

I sighed and decided I would go out and buy her something sweet. A bunch of flowers or something - maybe that would cheer her up? I grabbed my wallet and just as I was about to leave, my phone rang
"Why is Eliza ringing me?" I asked myself before answering it

"Hey Eliza"
"Michael"
"You don't sound happy, what's wrong?"
"Can I ask you something about Ashton?"
"8 Inches"
"What?"
"Oh you didn't mean his penis size, ok, sorry... My bad"
"I don't even want to know how you know that. And I know that anyways.... No, but seriously?"
"Of course you can - as long as it's not related to sex because I don't know his fetishes"
"MICHAEL FOCUS!"
"Sorry, ok, calm down. What is it?"