Chapter One

A young girl in her early twenties, sat in the far corner of cozy warm cafe. It was quiet in the cafe, despite the various people wandering about window shopping outside. She tapped her fingers in a rhythmic way on the wooden table, her eyes flickered to the entrance, nervousness evident on her expression. There, she waited for the one person who would decide whether or not he wanted to help her kick start her career as an investigative journalist. The said person had requested her to meet him at the cafe, he was late. But that gave her a chance to pull herself together, what would she say to him?
"Thanks for meeting up with me, despite the fact that you could be doing something else, rather than wasting your time for I was inexperienced in this job career."?
No, she couldn't say that. That'd make her seem rather unwilling and unenthusiastic. Hesitant. A simple thanks for meeting up with her should do right?
'Oh man, I'm not a good people person. Hope I don't screw up this opportunity for me.', she most likely was thinking to herself.
Suddenly the sound of the door chime made her snap her eyes back towards to entrance of the cafe curiously, maybe this was the guy she waited for? There a man probably in his mid-twenties strode to the cash register to most likely order something for himself. That wasn't him, she thought. She imagined a man far older and wiser looking, like one of those guys who reported the daily weather in a boring way. She sighed in disappointment, perhaps the man she waited for decide to do something better with his time?
Nevertheless, she discreetly took in his character. She noticed that there was something professional about the way he carried himself, he dressed in a tan leather jacket which was worn over blue shirt. He had a nicely chiseled face which made him look very attractive in her opinion. 'Must be popular with the ladies.', she thought and looked away, pink tinting her soft cheeks.
Not a moment later suddenly to her left she heard someone clear their throat, "Excuse me?"
She immediately turned to look, startled. There stood the man she was gawking at earlier, he warmly smiled down at her, coffee cup in hand. "I'm Miles Upshur, sorry I'm late. I couldn't find a parking spot."
She gave him a perplexed look as he took the liberty of sitting down in front of her without asking if it was okay. He raised an eyebrow at her silence," You are (Full Name) right? The one who wanted help and tips for becoming a journalist?"
"Oh! Yes I am!", She said, how did he know her name though?
As if reading her mind, Miles added with an amused smirk," Your name is on your coffee cup."
(Name) mouthed 'oh' and nodded her head, "Thanks for meeting up with me."
"Yeah, no problem. Anyways I have something we can look into",Miles lowers his voice, leaning in with his arms propped on the table. "I received an email from an anonymous source telling me that something needs to be exposed at Mount Massive Asylum. You know that place right?"
(Name) nods her head." It's in Lake County right?"
"Yeah. Bunch of fucked up shit happening there. NDA stuff, ya' know this could big," Miles turns to dig in his shoulder backpack and pulls out a thin document folder. "Here's the email I got."
Miles passed it to (Name) and took a sip of his coffee, (Name) opened to folder and began reading it carefully.

September 17, 2013
From: 10260110756@mutemail.com
To: milesupshur@gmail.com
Subject: TIP / Illegal Activity at Murkoff Psychiatric Systems

You don't know me. Have to make this quick. They might be monitoring.

I did 2 weeks of software consult at MURKOFF Psychiatric Systems' facilities in Mount Massive. All sorts of NDA's, I am very much breaking right now but seriously, fuck those guys.

Terrible things happening there. Don't understand it. Don't believe half the things I saw. Doctors talking about dream therapy going too deep, finding something that had been waiting for them in the mountain. People are being hurt and Murkoff is making money.

It needs to be exposed.

"A whistle-blower... I wonder who sent this...",(Name) said out loud to herself as she read, she knew a couple of things of Mount Massive but it was limited of course.
"I was wondering, Do you want to come along with me to I investigate Mount Massive Asylum?", Miles asked placing his coffee cup aside as he gazed up at her.
(Name) blinked, biting her lip softly, trying to contain her excitement, her first work as a journalist and she gets to work alongside someone!. 'Keep it cool (Name), keep it cool.'
"Sure, when do you want to go?",(Name) asked unprofessionally and immediately regretted not being deferential to him.
But before she could correct herself, Miles stood up quickly and gathered his things."Great! Tonight if you can, I'll pick you up?"
(Name) nodded enthusiastically,"Ok!"
She then gave Miles her address, "I'll pick you up around 6 o'clock okay?"
Miles left without another word as (Name) grinned excitedly, but suddenly blushed. 'It really sounded like a date instead...'
(Name) shook her head to clear her current thoughts,'It's not a date!',she told herself. 'Miles is only letting me tag along so I can kick start my career as a freelance journalist!'
(Name) got up from her seat and threw away her empty cup and plate, from there she left the cafe and walked outside to her car. She wondered if should bring something with her when they went to go to Mount Massive but decided to ask Miles when he came to pick her up.

(A/N): Ah! I haven't written in this style in a long time *blushes embarrassed* Hope it's not awkward, hehe. Usually I write in the form of 'you' and 'your' in reader inserts. So! Hope you enjoyed reading the chapter, let me know what ya think and I accept criticism but please. Don't flame me •~•
I'm starting this story because I just can't get the scenarios that'll happen in my story, out of my head. I want to know how this'll turn out.
Bye Bye~ ^_^