Chapter Nineteen

Shivering, they quickly walked to the door and shut it behind themselves, hoping the twins would not follow them. Now they stood in a lit hallway, it should have been reassuring to finally be able to see but with the ability to see came with the horror of what they saw. When they decided to go right first into the room next to them a bit down the hall, they came across a sort of jail cell torture room. Blood was everywhere and a body lay in the corner of the room twisted, the mans spine fainting protruding from his back. Eye forever stuck in frozen horror and pain.

There was also a chair that no doubt was where they gave the patients electro-shock therapy. Or maybe it served more as a electric chair for "disposing" patients. It also had blood  on it, dripping down the wooden seat.
"Jesus...", (Name) muttered, shaking her head. She turned away and saw Miles facing her from the far side of the room with another folder of documents in his hand.
"What's that say?", she asked, voice shaking a bit as she rung out her shirt and jacket.
"Doctor Rudolf G. Wernicke death certificate."

Please find attached a copy of the DEATH CERTIFICATE for RUDOLF  G. WERNICKE, Murkoff Psychiatric Systems subcontractor no.  148616. No surviving family.

STATE OF COLORADO hold to light to view watermark
File No. 8732
Place: Colorado
Town or City: Mount Massive Preserve
Full Name: Rudolf Gustav Wernicke
Length of residence in city or town where death occurred: 0 Years, 7 months
How long in U.S., if of foreign birth: 55 years
Sex: Male
Single, Married, Widowed, or Divorced( write the word): Single.
Date of Birth: October 20, 1918
Birthplace: Germany
Date of Death: February 28, 2009

I hereby certify: that I attended deceased fro, June 4, 2003 to February 28, 2009 that I saw him alive February 27, 2009, that death occurred on the date stated above at 4:11 AM.

Miles stuffed the file into his shoulder bag after (Name) briefly skimmed the page and shuffled the Death Certificate on top, she handed it back.
They continued on and went back to the hallway where it was dimly lit. There was a decontamination chamber, though it was locked. Continuing on they found that the security room door was open so they stepped in, on their left lay the button for the chamber to be unlocked and above it various monitors showing different camera angles. Miles stepped toward the table while (Name) wandered to the back, there she found 2 loose batteries on the file cabinet. She tried to open it only for it to be locked,' Of course...' trying all of them just to make sure resulted the same. What were the odds of finding files in an actual file cabinet? The ones they found were loose. Stuffing the batteries in her bag she was startled by a yell, Miles was urgently calling to her. Turning quickly, she saw Chris Walker breaking down the window from the decontamination chamber.

With an exclamation she quickly ran to Miles who was trying to open the door they just stepped through to get inside yet it seemed to be locked! (Name) went for the other door but Miles grabbed her and shoved her toward the table below the vent.

"Hurry get up! He's about to break through!"

Turning around she saw Chris climbing over the table quickly, glaring with such rage she had never seen before. But he was laughing or grunting. Either way the sight of his self-mutilated face was fucking terrifying. The adrenaline coursing through her veins helped her to jump up the table and into the vent with ease. She crawled forward and turned to look back at Miles, he barely made it up breathing heavily. Below, Chris let out a angry yell and Miles urged her forward. Dropping down the vent and ignoring the sting in their soles, they both ran back down the hallway they came from. Chris was breaking down the door behind them so they had no choice but to run past the fire of the decontamination chamber. Miles grabbed her hand, determined to not let her fall behind, and charged forward. He expected the heat but didn't care, if your options were walk closely by fire or get your head ripped off by a gigantic crazed maniac, fire would be briefer if your quick enough. He held her as they passed only for the chamber fire to explode right at the moment they passed. They both yelled, their bodies flown through the broken window and down below.