Chapter Sixteen

They left the control room and carefully listened, the only thing they heard was the distant yelling of other patients. Guess that part will always be heard here but where was their guy? He could be patrolling these halls and they had to take the chance that he was down the other direction.

Hoping that he was in the cell room they were in previously, they reached the decontamination chamber without seeing any patient. The one that had beaten the only security guard they had seen alive was gone, with no footprints left behind.

Miles led (Name) into the decontamination chamber and entered after her. Greeted by the green gas they both sighed as the door slid opened. Blood arrows pointed left so they followed them. A room that was locked had security on it so they ignored it.

"Where do you think these arrows are leading us?", (Name) asked as she stares at the blood trail.

"I don't know but it's somewhere, better than wandering aimlessly right? Fuck, I don't know...", Miles trailed off as he stared ahead of him. Following his gaze (Name) saw two big– but not as big as Chris Walker– staring at them, waiting. Upon closer look she noticed that they had no clothes on whatsoever. Who the fuck where they?? Stepping back, (Name) shook her head.

"Miles, what now?", (Name) muttered keeping her eyes on their movements–only on their faces– for if they moved forward (Name) would bolt back anywhere. She did not want to be captured by them.

Miles held (Name) behind him in a protective stance he stepped forward. The gate must be locked right? That must be the only reason they don't just go forward and like the last time he met them they were muttering about eating him. Only now they were more eager to get to him as they noticed (Name) behind him, clutching at his arms jacket.

"We gave him a chance."

"That we did."

(Name) peered over Miles' shoulder to stare at the nude patients, she noticed that they spoke as if they met him before. Or was that just the insanity?

"I'd say we were more than fair."

"Paragons of Patience."

"Job-like in the suppression of our desire."

"But now."

"Now."

(Name) tugged on Miles' sleeve and whispered, "Who are they? Do you know what they're talking about."

"I don't think it matters, (Name) but I do know that earlier when I woke up in Father Martin's cell and went out they were behind a gate. Spoke like fucking cannibals.", Miles told (Name), keeping her behind him.

"What now?", they thought. Miles' eyes shifted to the right when he noticed the open window. Shuffling to the side he peered down to see the cell block they were in before. There, the thinnest ledge just below the window. Maybe they could walk on there.

[A/N: Shorter than originally planned but it's something. I'm not happy but I want to make somebody else happy. 😭 I've been so overwhelmed by school, I have a test later today which I barely took notes for and I didn't make it in time for an art contest all because of my low self esteem. The art work isn't complete but *sigh* I guess I have to turn it in. It's my fault for procrastinating. They'll make fun of it I know they will, oh well I guess I'll pretend to not care what others say or think. Thank you for reading! ]