Chapter Fifteen

Stepping out from the safety of the locker, Miles led her out of the cell room. They were both lucky that the patient that was locked in the cell did not say a word about where they hid.

If she had known that this, all the blood and bodies where here she really doubted that she would have followed Miles. Then again she wouldn't want him to be here alone, he's got her back and she's got his. In these moments they didn't have such luxuries, they didn't have the option to just quit. For if they quit then they would die soon after.

'Stride forward and continue with all your might. No matter what happens, you're doing this for her and yourself.', Miles thought to himself as they quietly went down the hall more quicker than before, their footsteps as silent as they could get them to be. Still, their shoes weren't exactly foam sponges—they realized that they should have taken a nice pair of running shoes instead—they cringed at every sound.

Distantly they heard another door being broken down by the patient who was most likely looking for them. Miles pushed forward, vaguely aware of the other hand that fit perfectly into his own. Clutching each other's hand was the only way they could reassure themselves that they were not alone, for if they had been alone in Mount Massive they both were pretty sure either one of them would be even more fucking terrified.

Peaking over the corner Miles saw nothing but the once locked door broken down on the ground. He paused and listened, nothing. There was no other sound besides that of their own breathing. Where did their chaser go?

(Name) stepped forward and looked around, "Is he gone??"

Miles furrowed his eyebrows finding it odd, "No, I don't think so. He must be looking us up ahead, let's be quick and quiet."

Setting forward they listened for even the slightest noise but heard nothing. Reaching the hall that led to the silent patient, they suddenly heard the sound of a door being broken down. And it was just up ahead. Miles looked over the corner and saw the patient that was chasing them before enter a dark room. Taking the chance of him not noticing them, Miles pulled (Name) and quietly passed the room and down the hall. Shutting the door in a control room, they breathed. Eyes darting in every direction that was when he saw it, a button.

"Huh, a red button.", (Name) muttered. "What are the chances of it not setting off something explosive?"

Miles chuckled and shook his head, " Doubt it, but hey if it does explode something we'll know after we press the button."

Suddenly the closed door shook, causing both of them to quickly scan the room for a hiding spot. Again the only thing in the room were two lockers, one that will be searched by their pursuer and the other will be safe. It was a decision that was hard to make but they didn't have any time to weigh the options. It was at the last second that Miles and (Name) squeezed into the locker just as the door finally gave out. Miles watched through the slits of the locker as the patient looked around the room and walled closer to the lockers.

Fuck if that patient decided to open their locker he was entirely prepared to strike back. Fortunately luck was on their side for the patient chose the other locker and left soon after. They waited until they could no longer hear the footsteps down the hall to finally exit the locker.

Miles looked to the red button again and thought, 'Fuck it.'

In doing so the glass in front of them lit up to reveal a decontamination chamber.

Follow The Blood

The words on the walls were all written in blood, and the only finger painter they knew was Father Martin. He's leading them somewhere but where exactly?

"That's our way out these halls.", (Name) stated and glanced at Miles, "When we fell "down the drain" the decontamination chamber was locked."

"Right come on, let's go before we're found."

[A/N: Long awaited chapter huh? Sorry I took a hiatus without telling you, I had been hit with a brick wall that had me stuck. Plus I have no plan for updates so for that I'm sorry.
I haven't played Outlast in a while, well come to think of it I haven't played anything in a while. Let me say this, Outlast scares me no matter how many times I play it lol. I want it to stay that way. Thanks for reading!!
P.S. Chapter Sixteen almost finished, soon to be updated]