Chapter Seven

DARK. It was extremely dark and it had been quiet for what felt like the longest time, a moment that stilled every breath, every useless thought that would otherwise be normal in this situation. Such a thought like, ' Am I going to die? Is this the end?' And instead a thought that gave the only reasonable command was to stay quiet and completely still.

'Stay completely still and remain quiet.'

In a complete state of fear (Name) trembled, her hands clenched into tight fists that would surely turn white by how tightly she had been clenching her hands. The only occurring thought that swarmed her mind were thoughts that she would have never even playfully said in a midst of a fun conversation with a friend, one of those that placed you in unrealistic life or death situation, 'Would I ever be caught hiding from a killer or would I uselessly and oh so stupidly give myself anyway like in those cliché horror movies?'

No of course not, she had never thought about it due to the fact that these days all things zombie related were in conversations like those, such as the typical question, 'What would you do in a zombie apocalypse?' and 'What weapon would you take along your days in the undead world?' (Name) hadn't forgotten that she was being still and silent for an important reason. A reason that seemed so off-putting to the common person. Hiding. Why would anyone have to hide like this to save their life? No one should ever go through something that horrifying in their life.

And even so, nothing stopped this situation, there was no hoping that this was some nightmare you couldn't  wait to wake up from. It wasn't a nightmare, it was in fact real, everything that they had seen was very much real yet it all seemed to be straight out of a horror movie.  In the silence of the dark room a loud whispered voice broke the stilled silence, causing them both to flinch.

"Up to heaven and went away...", the man in the room with them said to himself and soon after (Name) heard retreating footsteps. The man left the dark room and they could hear his footsteps go down the creaky steps and splashing sounds soon followed after, indicating that the man was leaving where they were at.

They both let out an inaudible sigh of relief, (Name) hadn't noticed but she was gripping Miles' hand tightly. Something she didn't even remember doing, when did she grab his hand?? Maybe she had done so out of fear when the door was being broken down? (Name) would've blushed had they not just felt so close to getting caught. Still, she automatically let go of his hand with a whispered a breathy apology, hoping she didn't bother Miles.

Miles nodded, showing that it didn't bother him at all. He also didn't notice her grab his hand but when he did see, he saw her smaller hand squeezing his own calloused hand in fear. He was also scared when it seemed that the man almost found them and all he knew was that he had to protect (Name) when they were here. He couldn't allow her to be harmed and he didn't want her to get hurt. Miles carefully got out from under the bed and silently walked forward with his nightvision camcorder on, he didn't see the man but he could faintly hear the splashing noises outside the room.

When (Name) also got out from under the dirty bed, she tapped Miles' shoulder, indicating that she was right behind him. Miles nodded and gestured for her to follow him out the room and down the wooden steps. They did so and cringed as they heard the soft creak of pressure from under their weight, they paused, hoping that they hadn't been heard.

"What was that??",they heard a rasp out from across the huge room, and Miles quietly grabbed (Name)s arm and crouched down. With the water now reaching their knees as they crouched/walked forward, she resisted the urge to groan in displeasure when small drops of water slid down her face. It's smell could only be described as foul smelling odor from a sewage pipe, as if it wasn't cleaned in a while.