Chapter Four

"You okay?", Miles asks (Name), watching with concern as she closed her eyes and took in deep breaths.

She was grateful that Miles had told her they would be recording their findings with camcorders. How could anyone truly understand what was happening here if they didn't see it? And she knew something seriously insane went down before they got there but, she didn't want to stay and find out. Though that was the point of coming here as an investigative journalist.

"Y-Yeah...I'm okay.", (Name) looks at Miles and nods.

"Alright well, the cop had said to go to the security control room to open the doors.",Miles said as he started walking around the receptionist desk, avoiding the spot where (Name) had vomited.

Stopping in front of a sign, (Name) walks up to him and reads the sign.

Floor 1 sign
Security Room ➡️
Electric Room ↙️
Library ↖️
Recreation Hall ↖️
Cafeteria ↖️
Chapel ↖️

"Down this hall then, let's go."

(Name) takes out her camcorder and turns it on shakily, she follows Miles down the long hallway with cautious footsteps. She didn't want to find out if something else was waiting for them, like that big guy that threw them down the floor level.

Suddenly someone farther down the hall slams into a door, startling them both. It was a man in what looked like a patient uniform, the said man looked to the both of them with wide eyes. Miles pushes (Name) behind him and stares back with alertness, and they wait ready to make a run for it if the man charged at them. But they stop when the man down the hall finally barged into the room in front of him and slams the door shut. Soon they were both left in an eerie silence

"Was that a patient? What would they be doing here?", Miles asks, but (Name), not knowing the answer doesn't reply and they move on with caution.

Walking further down the hall, (Name) questions if they're were other patients loose around them. If they were then who had let them out?

(Name) stops and looks to her left to see an open restroom, blood pooling out from under the stall and all over the white tiled floor. Slowly stepping into the restroom as metallic smell hit her nose, scrunching her nose she heard Miles come up behind her.

"What's wrong–", Miles stopped as he followed (Name)s gaze.

Both were silent and Miles took a brave step forward and pulled the stall door open. (Name) gasps at the site, though what else did she expect? Blood pooled around the very much dead security officer. His body hunched over and the back of his hands lay on the bloodied floor. The question was, how did he die? Was he about to use the restroom and had been killed before he could? Or had he been hiding from someone...something?

(Name) furrowed her eyebrows, looking down in fright. What was killing everyone? Was the big guy to blame? Had he escaped and went on a rampage and killed everyone in his sight? (Name) did know but from what the impaled cop had said suggested that there were others killing. And he also suggested that there was no reasoning with them and that your only option was to hide from them before they'd kill you.

"The blood says 'Witness'.", Miles murmured to himself, also deep in thought. He may seem fairly calm—or at least much more calm than (Name) felt—he did seem rather composed of the situation but in reality, he was just as disturbed and frightened as (Name) was. After all he was human, who in their right minds wouldn't feel fucking scared in this place? Especially when you see the dead bodies of security officers along with their blood.

"Witness to what though? Who the hell wrote that?!", (Name) finally said, snapping out of her thoughts.

Miles sighed and shook his head, "I don't know, but I feel like the creepy old "priest" is doing this..."

Miles turned around after they both captured the view in their camcorders for evidence. (Name) followed and they both reach the security control room. It was lit inside but no one alive was in there, though they did see the screens inside show live surveillance cameras.

"Ah shit, we need a key card to get in.", Miles cursed and slammed a fist into the metal door frustratedly.

"How do we get one of those?" (Name) asked. "I doubt there would be one just laying around."

Miles shrugged, "Well, our only option is to search for one to open the doors."

"You're right.", (Name) nodded and scolded herself for sounding negative. It's best to be positive in these types of situations, right?

"Let's search for one.", Miles turned to his right and continued to walk there.