Chapter 8

Romans heart dropped to his stomach. He saw Dean walk out with a busted lip and bruises poking out of his hoodie. He had his hood on obviously trying to hide his pain through fabric. He failed miserably though.

"Dean?" Roman didn't want to believe it was him.
He looked at Roman quickly, eyes wide like he had done something wrong.
"R-Roman! Why are you here?" Dean was looking down avoiding Romans eyes.
"I don't have work today," he said getting closer to Dean.

The closer he got the more it looked like Dean shrunk in his shoes.

Roman stood right next to him now. Dean faced away. Roman lifted his hand up and pulled down Deans hood. He saw now how tired Dean looked and  how he said a bruise on his jaw.

He grabbed his hand and started walking to his door.
"What are y-you doing!?"
"We're going to my apartment."

They got in the house and Roman sat Dean down on the sofa. He stared at him for a few seconds.
"Take your sweater off."
Dean looked worried instantly.
"No it's okay. I'm okay."

Roman squatted in front of Dean and gripped the hoodie. He pulled it off of him gently but quick so he couldn't refuse. When the hoodie was completely off Roman looked to see his body covered in purple and green bruises. Dean slowly looked at him to see that Roman is still staring hard at his chest.

"Did your dad do this?"
"Roman it's okay."
"Like hell it is. Did he do this!"
Dean looked down and quietly mumbled a yes.
"How fuckin dare he!"
"Don't waste your energy. I'm almost 18 and I can move on. Simple."

Roman wouldn't take it though. He was pissed. He stood up quickly but Dean grabbed his hand. He stood up slowly still holding his hand.
"Roman it's alright."

Roman sighed and put his hand on Deans cheek.
"I don't want him to ever fucking hurt you again."

He hugged Dean tightly.

"I just feel like I need to protect you for some reason."

Dean felt his heart flip. Roman was rubbing his back. He felt all of the raises from the scars. It felt like there was a pit growing in his stomach every time his fingers went over a new scar.

They let go of each other and sat on Romans couch. Dean put his hoodie back on and they sat there quietly. Roman had the image of deans damaged chest in his mind. He put his arm around his shoulder and kissed his hair.

::

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. School has been literal shit for me and I've had some health problems. I will update this story more often.
And sorry if this chapter is shitty I'm just trying to put something out for the people that actually enjoy this story.