22

Camila's POV

My car screeched into the familiar parking lot where I had been only hours before, Louis and I ran as fast as we could into reception where I saw Pippa (the secretary) stroking the back of the shaking man.

"Harry!" I shouted and ran over to him, falling to the ground with relief at the sight of him alive. Grabbing one of his hands in mine, I peppered it with kisses and tears until he pulled his hand away so he could pull me into an embrace.

"Camila," he mumbled into my hair as I clung onto him for dear life, I didn't ever want to let go.

"Camila dear, can I get a hug from him?" I heard Louis' voice from behind and I laughed with teary eyes; it took a lot of strength to unlatch myself from Harry's body but I regrettably did so to allow the two friends to hug.

When Louis had said his goodbyes and Pippa had gone to her office to leave us in peace, I ran over to the boy and softly held his face in my hands.

"Never do that again," I said, my voice wobbling as I spoke and fresh tears spilled down onto my already soaking cheeks. With one of his thumbs, he wiped away my tears and I looked up to meet his eyes which had become puffy and red.

"I won't, I won't leave you," he muttered and when I heard those words I knew he meant it. I knew he wouldn't ever be away from my side.

"Can you come back to my house? Just so I know that you're safe," I whispered while stroking his soft face with my hands, marvelling at the beauty of the man.

"I would like that very much," his eyes crinkled up as he grinned and I returned the smile, happiness consuming my body.

Walking back to my car, Harry held my hand in his and I rested my head slightly against his shoulder. The city was quiet as night had settled over it and the moon shone over us like a guardian angel.

"What made you do it?" I asked quietly, not wanting to ruin the joy that hung over us.

"I couldn't live with myself knowing that I had hurt you in such a way that you felt worthless," he replied back, obviously wanting to change the topic. I decided not to press it, I didn't want to upset him anymore.

***

We walked through my front door and I held my breath as Harry looked around my small living space; my whole house was probably smaller than one of his guest bedrooms.

"Its quite small, sorry about that," I mumbled awkwardly, not sure what to say. Usually when Harry was there, the conversation was natural and easy. But out of my office, it seemed so different. It was so much more real.

"I like it, its unique. Just like you," he brought me back into reality with a delicate kiss on my forehead; familiar butterflies appeared in my stomach and I let myself relax.

Harry was home with me, he was able to mine without anyone stopping us.