Chapter Twenty-Three (The Rise Of The Heroine)

SPOILER: After reading this, don't feel like killing me.

Chapter Twenty-Three (The Rise Of The Heroine)

        Alice's POV (First Time)

         This was so frustrating.

         As I was standing under my scarlet umbrella, clenching it against me to protect me from this awful downpour, when two idiots were rooting the ground where the rain sheeted down on them. The gloomy sky combined with the onslaught of rain was deceiving enough for me to look where I was going, and they had to stay under it. I couldn't see them, but I knew they were there. I could feel the awkwardness lingered in the air, the smell of embrassment. All of sudden, I heard chirping. It must be came from a linnet, and a linnet only chirped when the weather was fine.

         Finally, it's a sign of nature...

        I knew the rain was going to stop within a few minutes. And I stood it, obviously, correctly as the rain started to fade, but it still drizzled. Thank you Biology! 

         At last, my vision came clear as I saw the one idiot wrapped his arms around another idiot. Both of them were soaked from head to toes as their clothes were glued to their hot body along with their hair damped. Dean's body was a catcher. He crashed his body against the other body, sharing the heat with each other. Guessed it didn't work, since both of them were shivering, one already started to cough continuously. Shit.

          I ran towards both of them, shoving the startled one aside, giving the coughing one his Inhaler, which I brought out inside my bag. He thanked me and grabbed it from me, sending some asthma medication into his mouth to open his airways. Quickly, he managed to calm down and gave me back the Inhaler as I put it back into my bag.

            "You should be very careful Aaron! I don't always right by your side! Don't rely on me all the time. What if something happened?" My eyes stung just by thinking the fact that what would happen if it's too late. I shrugged off the thought and glared at me. He gave me a sheepish smile, and sent me an apologized look. My anger always faded away when I saw Aaron's innocent look, he's just too meek.

             "Sorry Alice. But I know I can count on you." He winked at me, which I blushed.

             "Of course you can. After all, I am not that girl..." Aaron gave me a death look. Shit, I'd done it again! Me and my big mouth.

              "What the hell Aaron?" Dean pushed me aside, roughly. I didn't enjoy that, I was nearly going to grab his hand and gave him a backflip. But I tamed myself, after all, he's my best friend's damn boyfriend. How I wanted to push that face of his with my hard fist. I was not your typical high school girl. Those girls who laughed at nothing and exchanged gossips. But I could be all girly, and sometimes mean like a tigeress. That's why everyone afraid of me, and I didn't like that. I just wanted to be normal, you know?

               "You have asthma?" Dean went out for Aaron's cold face, caressing him like he's fragile. Aaron didn't answer him, he didn't even nod. But Dean was waiting patiently for his answer. Really Aaron? You were still into the silence treatment?  I guessed he's still couldn't forgive himself to talk to Dean after the NRE, near raped experience. \

                It's my fault for crying out loud! I should be the one who Aaron shouldn't be talking with. And yet, he chose Dean because he thought he was disgusting and couldn't believe he did that to him. That Joanna's going to taste my claws when I saw her in school tomorrow. I would like to dip my claws into her flesh. No one messed with my best friend.