1 year later

"Lady Woodville!" George laughs as he holds the glistening necklace around my throat. "It suits the colour of your eyes." I laugh at his silly remark as I push him slightly to the side but his balance is kept. "You must put it on."

"No." I reply as I push the necklace away from me. "I do not deserve such beauty." I reply in a comical tone but he looks hurt by my remark.

"I demand you wear it. I did buy it for you." Why must he always buy things for me that I don't deserve? He seems to like wasting his money on me. Finally I give in and he ties it around my neck, the cold metal making me flinch as it touches my skin, the crystals glisten in the shine of light from the window. "There," he says when it is finally secure. "Do you not see?" He asks as he lifts up my chin in front of the mirror making it impossible for me to look away. I watch as his eyes trail down to my bare shoulder and he leans down slowly and kisses it lightly, his lips just grazing my delicate skin. I move away suddenly from his touch. This is not the first time he has tried and I'm sure it will not be the last.

"Thank you, George." I say as he recovers from my obvious refusal of his advances. "If you'll excuse me I need to check the women." Quickly I escape leaving him alone. Doesn't he understand that I just want to be his friend? I walk quickly down the hall as I recover my composure passing many maids and servants that bow to me as I pass.

"My lady!" I hear from behind me and I turn to see Jane, my personal maid. "The women said there was a problem, they needed help immediately."

"Thank you, Jane." I reply as I scurry quickly down the stairs. Finally I reach the hall and walk straight towards the tailor room. As soon as I open the grand door I hear raised voices.

"I told you not to do that! Now look what you've done!"

"Ladies!" I demand as soon as the door is fully opened. I look down to see the new blue material, newly ordered from France with a huge unsightly red stain displayed on it. My anger starts to rise as I realise it is ruined. "Who did this?" I demand as they stare at me in fear. No one replies so I step inside, my footsteps echoing against the walls. "Tell me who did or you are all fired."

"She did it, my lady." One of the women says immediately as she points to a small blonde woman crying in the corner. She immediately starts weeping uncontrollably as soon as it is announced that she is guilty. I breath out heavily, making my frustration obvious. This cloth had cost alot of money, £50 in total. I could have bought a whole new house with that money. The material was meant to make a dress that was specifically requested by Lady Duboy. She would have payed me twice what it cost me.

"What is your name?" I ask as the other women begin cursing at her.

"May Jones." She manages to say through a few sobs.

"May, if this happens again you are out. This is your one and only chance." She begins thanking me repeatedly but I turn and just walk straight out, if I stay any longer my anger may rise much higher than it already is. More material shall have to be bought, she is a customer that cannot be lost. I walk hurriedly to the library and sit down sluggishly on the chair, surrounded by the books I had read last. I used to read all the time but now it seems that I am just too busy to do anything enjoyable. I am the wealthiest tailor in all of England and that, of course comes at a price. I look at the bookshelf that had once been covered in dust, it had belonged to my father. But now with servants and maids running around everywhere the house is always clean.

Suddenly the door opens and I am knocked out of my thoughts. George enters the room and sits beside me, his all too common smile now gone.

"I thought you said you were going to check on the women."