Chapter 32

It was warm, but something was pulsing, making the light of the sun quiver like it was alive. The air around me moved with a sound like a long sigh, hot and moist against the side of my neck. I felt myself arch with it, bending to give it more skin to whisper against, and a rumble sounded low and deep when I felt it caress the skin again, humming right through me.

The air wasn't soft anymore. It scratched against my throat, and it moved slowly up and down, more slowly, more roughly than a breeze should. The rumble made noise again, vibrating through my chest, and I realized it was me. I made the sound again when the breeze, now hot and wet, scratched its way up to tickle my ear.

But it wasn't a breeze at all. It was teeth, tugging softly and quickly at my ear lobe. My eyes worked their way open, and that's when I felt the rest of him—his chest pressed into my side, his hand under my shirt, resting on my stomach, and his mouth, my God his mouth, his scratchy chin—he was doing damage to my throat and jaw.

My eyes fell closed, and a quick breath slipped between my lips when his hand traveled up, grasping one breast in a large, warm palm. His mouth was now making it's way up my jaw.

I blinked again, still not sure I wasn't dreaming, and licked my lips, waking my mouth up enough to mumble his name. "Harry."

He didn't answer me though, just moved his mouth up, dragging his lips up my cheek, littering the skin with kisses as he made his way back down to the corner of my mouth. He was thumbing a nipple now, and I couldn't help it, I turned my head, my lips reaching for his. He pulled away though, and I only had time to catch the quick lift of his lips before my eyes fell closed again, a frantic breath hissing through my teeth as his hand slid beneath the band of my pants.

My chest heaved, and I gripped his forearm, his fingers moving up and down the sensitive flesh between my legs slowly, his mouth still working against my jaw.

I breathed his name again, one hand gripping a fistful of sheets, the other feeling the ripple of muscle in his arm as his fingers ran the length of me, paying special attention to that little nub as his tongue circled the outer curves of my ear.

There was nothing but his hand on me, his fingers inside me. Nothing but the tickle of his breath, the quick nip of his teeth on my ear. Nothing but his heart pounding in time with mine. Nothing but the warmth he was giving me, the swirl of energy and pleasure that moved in and around me, curling my toes, making my hips rise and fall in rhythm with the movement of his fingers. Nothing but the loud silence of my breath, released in gust after gust between parted lips. Nothing but the softness of his mouth against my cheek, the scratchiness of his morning stubble as he ran his lips down to the corner of my lips again, only to pull away as soon as I turned my mouth to meet them.

I opened my eyes then, finding his pink mouth, before staring up into his green ones. He didn't smile, didn't look away, just hovered close, touched his forehead to mine, and kept up the movement of his hand. I reached for him just as I felt like I might spin out of control, needing him to ground me as much as I needed him to send me reeling, and he shushed me softly as I whimpered, whispering things I couldn't make sense of as the pleasure grew more intense, more focused, and less precise all at the same time.

My eyes closed again, and I felt a loud breath work past my lips as his hand moved more quickly over the nub again. I bit my lip, feeling a cry working its way up my throat. I was almost there, almost...

"Harry? Maddie? You awake?"

My eyes flew open as I recognized Anne's voice through the door, and I yanked his hand out of my underwear, eyes wide as I sat up, and shouted, too loudly, "Yep. Yeah. We're awake."