Chapter 18

Hello :)

Thanks for voting and stuff guys keep it up! Sorry its a delayed update but I've been camping for the past while!!

Anyways enjoy!!

---------------Chapter 18-------------

For some reason completely unknown to me I had found myself with two gorgeous guys following me around. Any other girl would have dreamed about it and I was sure I would have too, if it weren't for the obvious jealousy between them as the both tried to keep my attention. James was slightly more classy about it, but the testosterone filled air constantly following me for the next two days simply made me tired.

Unfortunately this class seemed as if it would be the worst when I found myself in a group composing of myself and the two of them.

"You really need to learn your place at this school boy."

"I'm sorry you've been replaced as the hottest guy at school."

"Have not. Girls still fall at my feet."

"What do you have to do? Kick them?"

"You asshole."

"GUYS SHUTUP!" I yelled, rubbing my temples with my fingers in frustration. This was just getting annoying now.

"Is there something wrong Alyssa?" our biology teacher asked me politely and I sighed. I didn't want to be a snitch.

"No there's nothing wrong."

"Well this table has been quite noisy so I think I'll separate it anyways. Blake go join Lizzy's table," he demanded and I saw Lizzy's eyes light up. Fine, she can have him. In fact take them both I pleaded silently. I had enough guy time with them to last a lifetime. Blake and our teacher left an I was sitting there with James.

"I'm sorry, I just don't like how that guy appraises himself constantly and thinks he's the shit. He needs a lesson," James said and I sighed. I wanted to tell him about my plan but if he accidentally let it slip to Blake all hell would break loose.

"I realize that he's awful. You don't need to watch over me like a babysitter," I told him. I honestly liked James. He was a nice guy overall but I didn't really know him.

"Sorry about that, I'll back off a bit," he told me and I turned to our work. How did he like me? He didn't even know me but yet he felt possessive over me towards Blake. My mind was whirling and the raging headache I had was becoming worse. I had barely gotten any sleep last night. After I had come home from school a lot happened, and I remembered it all vividly.

I remembered horridly the two faces of my ex boyfriends. AfterI had discreetly slipped away from the watchful eyes of Blake and James, the two boys had found me creeping through the bushes.

"Well well, what do we have here?" One taunting voice echoed.

"I believe it's our little slut Alyssa. How are you doing darling?" The second boy said. I stood up slowly and turned around to look straight into their cold eyes.

"Jacob. Tyler," I said their names calmly.

"So now you're fucking around with two guys?" Tyler asked me, brilliant blue eyes blazing as he looked me over. Typical that I had to date the only two guys in the history of human civilization that held grudges against nothing. They were like guys on their periods. Their man periods.

"You need to stop Alyssa. We're warning you right now," Jacob said.

"What are you going to do if I don't listen?" I asked them, cocking an eyebrow and placing two hands on my hips.

"We'll tell social services about the abuse problem in your house," Tyler countered. I knew I looked shocked. How could they have known about that?

"You guys can't do that. That isn't fair. You're taking it way too far," I told them as I shook my head sadly.

"The way I see it we're helping you."

"How could that be helping me?"

"We're saving you from the viciousness of you're drunken out of control father who is no longer fit to take care of you or maintain a high position at the company," Jacob told me smiling mischeviously.

"You guys both know that my dad is a great man. He works hard at his job and even though he hurts me sometimes it's not an intentional thing. He's still hurt from my mom. Keep him out of this," I told them sternly, trying not to bawl at the thought of losing another parent.

"We'll keep him out of this if you keep your end of the deal," Tyler said.

"Stay away from Blake and James."

I frowned as I looked at James working. He seemed like a nice guy. Blake was also a really nice guy when he wanted to be. Why wasn't I allowed to ever be happy?

I sighed which caused James to look up and cock an eyebrow at me.

"Are you alright?" He asked me and he looked like he genuinely cared. I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Yes I'm fine. I'm just a little stressed out is all."

"Well how about I take you somewhere to take your mind off things? Right after school," he proposed. His cute genuine smile was something impossible to say no to, and I realized I needed time to stop overthinking things. " Alright, we'll go out after school," I said smiling.

He smiled back.

"Are you kidding me," I said, looking at the place in front of me. I couldn't help but smile a little.

"What's wrong with rollerskating?" He asked me, sending me a half smile that made him look undeniably hot.

"What's wrong is I'm going to fall flat on my face," I explained and he chuckled a bit.

"Guess I'll have to teach you."

We walked in through the clear glass doors into the building. The large room was dark with little proper lighting. Most of the lights that illuminated the place were christmas lights hanging from corners of the ceiling an along edges of corners. There was nobody inside except a family consisting of two parents, a young girl and a older boy.

"It's kinda cool in here. It reminds me of zoolights at christmas time. Minus the cold weather and hot chocolate of course," I said and he smiled down at me.

"i knew you'd like it. It's a pretty calming place after school and it can also be a lot of fun," he said.

We grabbed our skates and tied up the laces. I sat on the bench and looked at my feet unsurely. How were people supposed to walk on wheels? What an awful idea!

"Stand up," James said with a sly smile on his face. I looked up at him like he was crazy, which he was.

"There are death machines strapped to my feet," I told him sternly which made him chuckle.

"I got you, now come on," he said as he helped me stand up. I wobbled a bit on my way to the floor and immediately found the wall to cling on to. This was not okay. Who invented the idea of putting wheels on your feet?

"You do realize if we're actually going to skate you're going to need to help me, right?" I asked James and he sighed before grabbing my hands. I could see the small grin on his face and I echoed it.

He pulled me around a few times, somehow skating backwards while I couldn't even skate properly forwards. The music was calming and although I couldn't skate at all, I really was enjoying it. James had been right when he said it was a good distraction. Maybe this was what I needed. To go on more dates and hangout with my friends and not be constantly thinking about all the drama in my life. I stared up at James who was grinning and looking around at all the lights. His eyes were shining and I smiled a bit.

"What is it?" He said when he finally looked down at me as he slowed down coming to a stop.

"Thankyou," I said, smiling at him.

"You're welcome."

I kissed him lightly and savored the calmness inside of me. I had been way too stressed out lately. This was more of what I needed.

And just like that, I felt James be torn apart from me as the first punch was thrown.

-------------------

I know, I suck at updating. Sorry ily all. Please vote <3