Chapter 3

The Player Bet3

It's lovely I've gotten a few votes on the first two chapters :) please continue? <3

------CHAPTER 3------

"OOOOH pretty!" I yelled as I ran up and mushed my face on a window. There were five dresses on a stand in the display and they all looked amazing.

"Are we going in here then?" David asked me, cringing at the girly store.

"Yes!" I said excited and dragged him inside. I began looking at all the pretty, unique dresses decorating the racks.

"Alyssa, this store is too expensive for you," David told me and I frowned. There was so much here though! David pulled me out of the store like a little kid being dragged by their mother.

"I'm sad now," I told him pouting. I wanted those dresses.

"Come on, cheer up! We will find some other stores too!" he exclaimed, attempting to brighten my mood. I grinned mischievously.

"There was one store," I started, knowing he understood exactly which store I was talking about.

"Alyssa, that store was bright pink, reeked of perfume, had butterflies on the walls and the only people inside we're female! You wouldn't do that to your best friend, would you?" I smirked and grabbed his wrist, dragging him into the store. Dresses were everywhere, almost as nice as the other store but these ones were much cheaper.

I tried on dress after dress, making David get impatient. I gave up on his advice because every time he would only mutter, "It's nice." How was I supposed to know if the dress was as amazing as I wanted it to be if he didn't give any input?

I finally tried on a strapless violet dress. It was violet at the top, then it flowed out in a mix of blues and purples. I loved it. I stepped out of the change room to try to get a reaction from David.

"Wow," he muttered and I smiled. That was it, I had a dress for the party tonight, where I was going to seduce the one and only Blake Richards.

------------

I put the dress on at home, fussing over every little detail in the mirror. David was laying on my bed, tossing a football up in the air. He always kept that football here for every time he came over. Just like Blake, he was obsessed with football.

I slipped my feet into my white heels and gave myself a once over. My hair fell down in cute little natural waves with a purple bow pinned on the side. My makeup consisted of eyeliner and mascara which was all I ever wore. I had on a couple silver bangles and two silver stud earrings. Satisfied, I turned to David.

"Let's go," I told him as I sent him a smile.

"Finally! We've been here forever!" he exaggerated, flailing his arms around. I tossed him his keys and we headed to his car. I hopped inside and he started it up, driving us the five minutes to the party.

I needed to do this perfectly this evening to attract Blake. I would dance with him and flirt with him. Eventually maybe I would even kiss him. I ran through the scenarios in my mind. This had to work.

Music boomed loudly and I could hear it even from inside the car. I was about to ask David if this really was a good idea but when I turned to the drivers seat it was empty. I would never drive. I always got too distracted in the car.

I walked up to the house as gracefully as I could manage, adding a sway to my hips. I needed to be seductive for Blake. The door was already partially open, so I let myself in.

I didn't particularly like parties. They were full of drunk people wandering around, people dancing on each other, and worst of all there were a couple people who thought it was okay to get it on in front of everybody. It was disgusting.