Chapter 6

The Player Bet6

Okay, I'm disappointed, barely any votes last chapter :(((

-------CHAPTER 6----------

"Achoo!" I squeaked as I sneezed. The habit was rather embarrassing because nobody else ever said "Achoo" while they sneezed. I blushed and looked at the floor while I walked to English class.

I had gotten a cold from the night before. Sitting in the woods soaking wet for hours apparently got you sick. Who knew! I grumbled as I walked along, pulling at the tips of my hair. Just from being outside in the sun for most of the day yesterday my hair had faded into a bit of a lighter blonde, losing a couple of the darker streaks I had. It really bothered me because I actually liked my hair the way it was before. I wasn't fully blonde and I didn't resemble any of those fake blonde cheerleaders either.

I walked into class, still pulling at my hair from the tips. A small chunk fell out and I cringed. Had I really been pulling it that hard?

"Hi Blake," I said as I sat down in the seat next to me. He had his head down and his hand was running through his hair. He glanced up at me and turned back down as if I hadn't said anything.

"Blake?" I said, poking him in the cheek. He slapped my hand away and ignored me. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. He hit me. Maybe it wasn't hard, but I had gone through enough abuse in my life time that it still affected me.

"Fine," I said, frowning at how my voice sounded weak because I was about to cry. I started to stand up to move desks but he grabbed my wrist and gently pulled me down in my seat.

I sat there the whole class, just watching Blake with his head down on his desk. Something was wrong, I knew it. The question was how was I going to approach him about it. After all he was a bad boy and a player. I had never sealed with someone like him before. What if I say the wrong thing and he hates me?

Soon the bell went and I headed off to class, still puzzling over how to get Blake to tell me what was wrong.

After school I saw him walking home down the street. This was my only chance so I ran to catch up to him. I grabbed him arm and turned him to face me. He made an attempt to smirk and raise an eyebrow but it showed in his eyes that he wasn't in a good mood.

"What's wrong," I said bluntly, crossing my arms and looking up and staring into his eyes. I was trying to be intimidating, but I could tell it wasn't working.

"Wow you get straight to the point," Blake answered, purposely avoiding my question. He started to continue walking and I followed him.

"You're avoiding my question," I accused him and he shrugged.

"Maybe."

"Tell me what's wrong," I demanded, glaring at him. Maybe he would tell me if I tried to scare him. Or it would cheer him up, either way. It went to the second option.

"Don't do that! You look so funny!" Blake yelled, sputtering laughter. I glared at him more subtly, realizing that before I had one eye wide open. I probably looked insane.

"Shut up!" I whined as he kept laughing at me. "Well you seem happy now." I cringed as the grin dropped from his face and the pained expression was back. Crap Sticks.

"Mhm," he mumbled and I immediately felt bad.

"I'm sorry!" I blurted as I watched him upset. I think it was worse seeing him upset than David, mainly because Blake could usually handle himself. My best friend on the other hand, was a little bit of a baby, but I loved him that way.

"Now tell me what's wrong or I'll scream molester," I threatened and he let out a little smile before it disappeared.

"I dare you," he spoke the cursed words. Oh no he didn't, I imagined a diva saying that.

"Help! Mole-" I started screaming when Blake muffled me with his hand.

"Are you crazy?" he asked, eyes wide.

"Nwfoo youshd darshed mreeeg," I mumbled under his hand.

"What?" I pulled his hand off my mouth.

"I said, no you dared me," I told him. "Now tell me or I'll do it again and I won't let you stop me," I threatened and he sighed.

"You're serious aren't you?" he asked.

"Hell yes."

"Fine," he said and ran a hand through his dark hair. "So where do I start? Well, my mom and dad were married, and had me," he started and I frowned at 'were'. It was family problems.

"When I was about twelve, I think, my dad was having an affair on my mom with their marriage counselor. Funny right?" he questioned, letting out a laugh that didn't reach his eyes.

"No actually that's horrible," I told him, voicing the opinion that I knew he shared.

"Agreed," he said sighing. "So my parents divorced and my dad went off to marry his little trophy wife," he snarled, the anger in the words scared me. "He still kept in touch of course."

"Or else you would be broke," I added.

"Exactly. So my dad still gives us money, but when he does return home for any amount of time, it kills my mother because he always brings his slut," he growled. Why would he bring his other wife with him? How could someone be so heartless?

"He is heartless," Blake muttered, and I realized I had voiced my opinion outloud. "So now, I bet you guessed that he is back. To make it even better his wife is half his age and thinks its okay to hit on me."

"Ew," I muttered, feeling slightly jealous. What was that? I didn't like Blake. I mean he was a stupid arrogant jerk,though I had to admit I did feel bad for him at the moment.

"Tell me about it," he muttered, kicking a rock that was in front of him.

"Why don't you try to distract your mom while he's in town? Maybe you should take her to dinner or just get her out of the house," I suggested and he looked at me for a minute.

"That might actually work," he said, a large grin plastered on his face. "Thanks Alyssa! Your the best!" he yelled as he skipped away.

That's right, Blake Richards skipped. I laughed and was soon smiling like crazy.

Maybe I did have a bit of a crush on Blake after all.

------A/N-------

Longer wait for an update. Cuz you guys didn't vote :((((

SO VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

FOR

A

LONG AND

FAST UPDATE!=VOTE

-Naomi